The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony announces the A7s

Bob

Administrator
Staff member

Tokyo Japan,
Sony today announced its latest innovation in mirrorless photography.
The new A7s will revolutionize the selfie market said Jodan Waanataniaru, Sony's head of the new selfie marketing division. "Selfies are the future of photography and already comprise 60% of all pictures taken." "People are fed up with the low quality of smart-phone selfies and have been yearning for higher resolution and a more professional approach."
The ergonomic design is fitted with a fixed-focus 55mm lens set to arms length, so there is no need for extraneous controls. The lcd view screen "arms-length viewfinder", which stores compactly on the back of the camera, can be extended to face the subject to pre-view and perfect framing for that all-important selfie.
The camera saves weight by eliminating the old fashioned eye-level viewfinder which is now redundant.
The A7s retains the same sensor as the A7r which will bring a new level of quality to the selfie.
A new feature of the A7s is its built-in wireless connection to Facebook. Once the user sets up a connection to their Facebook account, each press of the shutter automatically posts the image taken.

"We were missing the boat. Although the A7r has cornered the cat-picture market, we were missing the selfies, so now we feel we are well-positioned to capture 100% market share", said Jodan Waanataniaru.

f8orbust

I missed that press release because I was too busy reading Phase One's:

København, Danmark
Vi er virkelig, virkelig ked af det for at have opkrævet en ublu beløb for vores produkter de sidste par år - men kan du virkelig bebrejde os, hvis suckers som du er parat til at betale de vanvittige priser for et digitalt kamera? Nå, skyld fik bedre af os, og i dag vil vi gerne meddele, at priserne på alle vores nye udstyr vil blive reduceret med 50%...

(It runs on for some pages, but the rest is pretty boring).

Anyway, it appears they've come to their senses, realized it's 2014 and have decided to slash the price of their products across the board by 50% !

Well I never.

Jim

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Selfies . My question has always been WHY. Maybe I'm just too ugly. Lol

Happy April Fools day folks. It's pretty funny but the truth is I was married 25 years ago on this exact day. It was the only date we could get. LOL