The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Wired cable release for a7r?

D

Deleted member 7792

Just picked up an RM-VPR1. When I connect it to my a7r, I no longer have control of most buttons and dials of the camera. I can remotely trigger the shutter, but that's about it. Anyone run into this behavior?
No problem here. Make sure it's not locked and that the power switch is towards the On/Off end (not the Power end).

Joe

dwood

No problem here. Make sure it's not locked and that the power switch is towards the On/Off end (not the Power end).

Joe
Hi Joe - yeah, it's not in the locked position and power switch is good. If I disconnect the remote from the cable, the camera controls work. If I reconnect the remote to the cable, camera controls are locked out. Almost feels like some kind of USB communication/conflict problem. Odd, to say the least. Guess I'll call Sony and see what they have to say.

frozenbb

A question for those who own these aftermarket devices: Is this combination capable of triggering the shutter while focus assist (i.e., magnified live view), is actively engaged on the a7/a7r? I ask because the wireless remotes I've used are not able to trip the a7r shutter while focus assist is actively engaged. Instead, a half press of the physical shutter release is necessary, in order to exit from focus assist mode, before a remote can be used to trigger the shot.

For certain types of shots it would be useful to remain in magnified focus assist view and be able to trip the shutter via remote, wired OR wireless, as was possible on the NEX series.

Cheers.

A question for those who own these aftermarket devices: Is this combination capable of triggering the shutter while focus assist (i.e., magnified live view), is actively engaged on the a7/a7r? I ask because the wireless remotes I've used are not able to trip the a7r shutter while focus assist is actively engaged. Instead, a half press of the physical shutter release is necessary, in order to exit from focus assist mode, before a remote can be used to trigger the shot.

For certain types of shots it would be useful to remain in magnified focus assist view and be able to trip the shutter via remote, wired OR wireless, as was possible on the NEX series.

Cheers.
If you watch the video, the green light indicates a half press.

Sony Alpha NEX Cameras and E Mount Lenses: Wired Remote for Sony A7 Cameras