The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A7s!

Rawfa

Being an avid video shooter I was actually very disapointed that the original A7/A7R didn´t shoot 4K. I´m VERY happy about this...lets just see how long it lasts when the price is anounced.

Godfrey

It always pays to wait when you're dealing with Sony equipment because they ship a baziliion different things and versions of things faster than you can write a check.

Until they discontinue something good in favor of something glitzier and more mediocre. Then you have to run to buy it before everyone is out of stock.

I stand by with the A7 for a bit yet.

G

iiiNelson

I hope they release a Monochrom version and I hope that's not the announcement because that would be more money out of my pocket.

fotografz

FF 12 meg.

4K video.

Not Guy's cup of tea (go BIG or go home!)

May be interesting … a "Fat Pixel" alternative which can have its' charms.

- Marc

Rawfa

Hum, maybe Sony will finally release their foveon like sensor that has been talked about :D
12meg could mean some amazing high iso performance.

mjm6

The original Canon 5D was in that realm... 12.8 MP if I recall correctly.

That was the first digital camera I purchased. I waited for a FF sensor camera to come out before I 'bit'.

I can't imagine how much better this one must be compared to that; what does 9 years of sensor development get you?

---Michael

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
12mpx. Geez talk about going back to bygone days. LOL

Probably great for video though and that is a big market. Actually a smart move for Sony. They way they are spitting out cams its just a matter of time and it will be a short one no doubt. 50mpx would make me happy, of course i may need a Otus than. ROTFLMAO

fotografz

An Otis here, an Otis there … pretty soon we're back to lugging the brick.:rolleyes:

As mentioned, probably set up for video.

Cue the Clowns and Calliope music …

Welcome to the Cavalcade of Cameras!

:ROTFL:

- Marc

erudolph

Vis a vis the Sony philosophy of product update: I know Sony only from working in video production and post-production, starting in the late 70s. They usually introduced some sort of ground-breaking product and six months later would introduce a revised version of that product, the only difference being one really necessary feature that had been omitted from the original. The A7s sounds like that.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Yea but just depends if that one feature is enough. Sometimes it is but I do like choices. What I don't like is no support down the road.

Godfrey

I remain perfectly happy with the A7. And the E-M1. Life's too short to always be worrying about the next cool camera that might come along.

G

Just finished a pack of Impossible Project Cyanograph 600 film. Kind of the antipodes from the digital camera world... :)

tashley

Subscriber Member
It seems their marketing claim will be something like:

"4k video with world's best ISO performance and world's fastest AF".

So it's a modern take on the PJ camera, thereby rounding the a7 range out nicely.

I won't be buying one unless it tracks like a 1dx or a D4/s but you can't fault the speed at which this is turning into a real system.