Hi Guys n Gals,
I appreciate that this topic has been discussed fleetingly in other threads, however I am on the look out for real world comparison from someone who has owned both the RX1 and A7.
To provide a bit of context - I currently own an A7 and the FE 35mm/2.8 + adapted m-mount VC35/1.4 & 40mm M-rokkor. Having shot with the above in various combinations over the last couple of months I have following observations (which are undoubtedly not original):
1. I love the images which come out of the A7
2. I really wish the 35mm was an f2 (but similarly small / light - dreaming I know)
3. In an attempt to address this lack of speed I sourced the m-mount lenses. These are great (and I'm not at all bothered about their technical corner performance etc.) but I cannot trust manual focus wide open without resorting to the magnified view, which in turn, ruins my compositional mojo.
4. I like the EVF but I still miss the OVF from my M6/M8/x100 especially when it's a bright day (which in Queensland Australia is most days)
5. I need only shoot 35mm (and I have a wonderful Ricoh GR for 28mm = the only other focal length I feel bothered about)
This has all led me to the conclusion that I should consider side-grading my A7 kit for a used RX1 and bolting an OVF on top - am I crazy in thinking this is a good idea?
For those of you that have owned both the RX1 and A7 how do you feel they compare?
Any advice / suggestions / abuse is, as ever, much appreciated.