The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Companion for A7 on events?

Rawfa

Not equipment insurance … Commercial business insurance, including liability. Best to form a LLC also … depending on where you are located.

Fly by night wedding photographers are gambling that nothing will ever happen … just like any uninsured person or company. The "what ifs" can rain down a world of hurt on you personally if you do not protect yourself at least to some degree.

One has to factor in all the costs of doing business IF it is supposed to be a business.

It's up to you.

- Marc
I was thinking this the other day. What IF I´m shooting a wedding and all of the sudden a tropical rain storm starts? The wedding will go on, but I´m not so sure about the equipment. This is the type of situation where one might end sued!

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Seriously I am hearing stories of suing for no other reason than they got a quick divorce and want to try and get there money back saying the work was bad. People are assholes and will sue for anything. Don't be naive when it comes to this market segment, its a sue happy one. Why I pretty much stayed out of it and I could make a small fortune doing it as i got a lot of connections in the industry here in town. My ex-wife alone is a huge wedding planner and she would be happy to promote me. But I keep staying out of it and only do it for people I know well.

Rawfa

I´ve been posting in a couple of brazilian forums and most people here use a standard government contract for this type of service. I´m sure that doesn´t stop people from trying to sue, but it´s the first step to protect one self.

Another question while we´re at it, do you guys get paid before or after delivering the work? Or do you guys get half before and half after?

I had my mind set on getting an A6000 and the 18-105mm constant f4...until I read that zooming cannot be done "manually" (you need to press the Wide and Tele bottoms...nonsense!).

So back to the drawing board with my second camera.

I love Sony´s e-mount system, but lacking some specific lenses is starting to really take it´s toll. They have more cameras than they do lenses :mad:

I was thinking about getting the LAEA4 but I´ve read it´s not very fast.
why not the zeiss 16-70/4?

Rawfa

I'll be using the 55mm 1.8 with the A7 and I wanted a long zoom with the A6000. The Canon FD 50mm and 70-210mm worked perfectly with the A7.