The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Zooming Out of DMF

jfzander

How can I zoom out again after using DMF and still have the focus set where it was adjusted to. When I push the release button again AF will refocus, and with DMF zooming in, I can't frame the picture.

Annna T

The trick is to separate AF from the shutter button. I have AF on the AF/AEL upper switch (fall right under the thumb and should be the default) and then you have to set the option "AF with shutter" to off (by default it is set to on). I don't remember exactly where you find it in the menu, it lies in the Custom Settings series, but which number ? Not the first I think near middle or end ?

jfzander

Txs for answering. I understand this is the only way? I would rather leave AF and release on the same button. But I can try.

Frag

Actually I have the same question and what I am experiencing is that after using DMF focus with the focus assist on the focus will not zoom back out even though Manual Focus assist is only set to 2 seconds. On my NEX-7 the focus would zoom back out but it appears that in the case of the a6000 the zoom stays magnified. I'm suspecting a firmware issue?