The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

May 1st Sony announcements?

iiiNelson

I don't expect a Sony MFD camera until Photokina at the earliest. I'd be happy to be wrong though.

Rawfa

Wish list :)

- A freaking 85mm equivalent at once!
- Fast zoom for APS-C e-mount
- Some nice pancakes for FE (I would looove a 40mm f2.0)

biglouis

Maybe some news on the availability of the other lenses in the FE roadmap?

I'd be particularly interested in the availability of the wider primes and the wide zoom.

LouisB

hcubell

I look forward to a Version II of the FE 24-70mm zoom that solves the optical issues of Version I (and costs 50-100% more).

philip_pj

There are the strange releases Sony will likely announce - I hope for another RX1 type camera, but it could be almost anything as the company competes in every market these days.

FE - it's about time for an 85mm or 100mm in f1.8 / f2 and it better be fabulous to stand out in a crowded field of excellent lenses past and present, and weigh around 350 grams max.

I have no need for a compromised wide angle with AF but others do so I hope Sony does better than the opposition if they go ahead with a 14-24/4 or 16-35/4, but the cost..and QC.

A 24mm f3.8, as good as Leica's Super-Elmar is what they should do instead. They could ask $1500 and people would pay.

dwood

There are the strange releases Sony will likely announce - I hope for another RX1 type camera, but it could be almost anything as the company competes in every market these days.

FE - it's about time for an 85mm or 100mm in f1.8 / f2 and it better be fabulous to stand out in a crowded field of excellent lenses past and present, and weigh around 350 grams max.

I have no need for a compromised wide angle with AF but others do so I hope Sony does better than the opposition if they go ahead with a 14-24/4 or 16-35/4, but the cost..and QC.

A 24mm f3.8, as good as Leica's Super-Elmar is what they should do instead. They could ask $1500 and people would pay.
Rumor has it that the next 'RX1' may be here as early as this summer, and pretty sure that Sony is already on record that an FE 85/1.8 is on the way. Sony continues to be very aggressive on the development side. I'm looking forward to seeing what they'll announce on the 1st.

fotografz

A stabilized AF ZA 100/2.8 FE Macro Prime would light my fire.

But an AF FE 85/1.8 would be okay. Need a native FE mount portrait lens to make this system work for me better.

- Marc

Taylor Sherman

It'll be the A99 replacement, which is a mirrorless DSLR-style camera. It'll have the 50Mpx 44x33 sensor in it, and interchangeable mounts - one for A-mount, one for something medium-format. New? Standard? I don't know. A-mount lenses work in crop mode, getting 29Mpx.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Been reading a lot on the A6000 and sounds pretty good. The RX100 I just have no interest in although they are very nice. Good to see a upgraded lens though. I wanna be floored on this May1st announcement . My A7 might be on the block. Okay secretly been looking at the A6000 with the 16-70 f4 zoom at B&H for under 1400. Been debating about pulling the trigger on it and sell or trade the A7. I'll be in NY next week. I probably get 1100 on my A7 in trade. My one issue is as soon as I get home I have a 4 day event to shoot. So everything has to be in place. Waffling on this one as I would not go for the 24-70 than so I actually save money. Okay now go sell that idea to my wife as she will be with me in NY. LOL

The A6000 AF looks real promising, some really nice reviews on it I read last night.

Taylor Sherman

I'd like to see something really cool, but I also have to say that if they come out with the RX100 mk3 that SAR describes, I would buy one.