The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Camera Bag for Sony A7R Kit

hcubell

I thought I would pass along the benefits of my rather time consuming search for a camera bag for my Sony A7R kit that would meet four goals:

1. VERY light weight.
2. As small as possible, yet provide quick and convenient access to the camera body with a mounted lens and two additional lenses. The FE 24-70mm zoom, the FE 55 f/1.8 and the FE 70-200mm zoom.
3. The ability to store the A7R with the 70-200 zoom mounted on the body, or alternatively store the 70-200 zoom separately. This is important to me as I would not want to be forced into changing lenses in order to store the gear.
4. Comfortable to use for walking around a city while traveling.

The bag that I finally found that meets the goals for me is the Lowepro Transit Sling 250AW at 1.7 pounds.

Knorp

That's looking good, Howard.
But under 3: can you easily store an other camera+lens combination without completely rearranging the padding ?

TIA

Kind regards.

hcubell

That's looking good, Howard.
But under 3: can you easily store an other camera+lens combination without completely rearranging the padding ?

TIA

Kind regards.
Yes, I can leave the 70-200 zoom on the camera or leave another lens on the camera and still store the 70-200 zoom in the bag without rearranging the padding. This is critical for me.

Charlie_Boy

Good bag. Bought one for my last visit to Japan last March-April. Wanted a smaller sling bag and thought on receipt that it may be too small. It turned out to be perfect, could carry A7, FE 28-70mm, E10-18 mm, and FE 35mm, plus a tripod, kindle (with camera manuals and travel PDFs), and assorted camera gear. At times I would carry a (wife's) NEX-7 and 16-70mm in the top part. We didn't tell friends or relatives in Japan we were coming and traveled around the country on a 3 week rail pass with that and a carry on bag. What a trip, and the perfect bag for it.