The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony A7s pre-order- price announced

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Kit,

I agree...I considered the A7S but with no internal 4K which necessitates a large add on monitor/recorder I decided to pick up my preordered GH4 yesterday.

First light from the camera is very very good ... 4K to HD with the option of true conversion to 10bit 4:2:2 in HD will suffice for most of my needs.

I did the big camera...then the big big camera thing...for a hobby not worth it...
(Sony EX1R to Red One to Red EPIC....)

The option of 200mb/sec codec in HD is awesome...from SD cards no less.

Really a tiny camera for this amazing output and with a Metabones Speedbooster the DOF with the 58 1.4 is very shallow and OOF renders wonderfully.

I have the Df for low iso but might change to the A7S at some point.

Bob

Amin

Sony is really aggressive on pricing. Like with the A7R or A7, shortly after introduction you could trade in any camera to B&H or Adorama and get both the money the camera is worth to that store and $300 extra towards the new camera. There will be similar effective price cuts on the A7s no doubt.

kuujinbo

Sony is really aggressive on pricing. Like with the A7R or A7, shortly after introduction you could trade in any camera to B&H or Adorama and get both the money the camera is worth to that store and $300 extra towards the new camera. There will be similar effective price cuts on the A7s no doubt.
Really hope so, and I know a lot of people are betting on exactly the same reasoning, but on the flip side the RX1 was released about a year and a half ago and it's retail price is still unchanged. If the camera sells better than their projections, there might be a longer wait for price cuts or promotions. Let's hope it does play out similarly to the A7[R]. :)