The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A couple for stock with the A900

Quentin_Bargate

These two are from some shots I took yesterday specifically for stock.

Both with the A900 and Zeiss 24-70mm, with the second requiring some luck and SteadyShot...

First shot ISO 200 24mm F.9 at 1/200 sec

Second ISO 400, 70mm F.4 around 1/6 sec

Quentin

Last edited:

dhsimmonds

Nice shots Quentin. I am also discovering that you can handhold this camera at much lower shutter speeds than any DSLR I have used.....almost like using a rangefinder in fact. That CZ 24-70 is a peach!

Quentin_Bargate

Nice shots Quentin. I am also discovering that you can handhold this camera at much lower shutter speeds than any DSLR I have used.....almost like using a rangefinder in fact. That CZ 24-70 is a peach!
You are right about the 24-70mm Zeiss. Right now the A900 is the near perfect all rounder for me, particularly with the Zeiss 24-70mm. I am wondering about Jono's 12-24mm Sigma zoom - I had one on my old Kodak 14nx and while not the sharpest lens, it was very well corrected. It is an exact focal range match for the Zeiss, whereas the new Zeiss 16-35 overlaps too much and does not go as wide.

Decisions decisions :)

Quentin