The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony FE 35 F2.8 - mediocre?

Annna T

I have the Leica 35 f2 Asph and found it unusable on the A7r. Sides, not just edges, were completely out of focus..... just doesn't work on the Sony.

Victor
Same experience here with the pre-aspheric model and A7r. So I sold it with my M6 body (the body was easier to sell with a lens and the lens wasn't performing well on my digital bodies, so no regrets).

biglouis

+1

I was very disappointed with the 21mm SEM, 35mm FLE and 50mm 'Lux on the a7R. Not sharp. Focus smearing. And not the fault of the Novoflex adapter. I'll take my sharp "low character" FE 35mm any day of the week. Maybe my photos are "walk-about, semi-no brainer family stuff, and obligatory vacation pics that otherwise would be taken on a cell phone". If so, I'll stop boring you with 'em. Thanks for the heads-up, Marc.

Joe
Joe, I know that is not the case with your work as I have often been impressed by your postings here.

Damn. I'll have to persevere and see if I can get to love this lens a bit more!

LouisB

ZoranC

Well, comparing a fixed lens camera to an interchangeable one is … once again … comparing apples to oranges.
Please point out where exactly did I compare fixed lens camera to interchangeable one? All I said is that I feel if I wanted best 35mm FOV result I would be better off with RX1.

As far as how Sony service centers work, hear-say and rumors are one thing, facts are another.

I asked about Sony service on another thread … I'd tend to place credibility of our members above some vague sort of innuendo with zero proof.
Please reread my post and notice I haven't claimed that's a fact, all I said is that's what I heard. If memory serves me well I think that was said by Roger Cicala that does have ample experience with various service centers. Unofrtunately quick search for link to that failed me and I don't have enough time to do more extensive search.

BTW, in context to this thread, I believe that swapping new items in need of repair for used ones is illegal.
Please point out which law exactly makes it illegal and where exactly in warranty terms does it state lens sent in for a service will be exactly same one returned back to you. I have heard more than once that was the case with other manufacturers and my experience when I sent in my Panasonic lens in for repair confirms it.

If you have enough time and would like to have 100% accurate info maybe you could contact Roger Cicala and Sony service centers and let us know what they are saying?

vjbelle

Sony warranty specifically gives them the option of replacing or repairing with new or refurbished product or parts any product or parts determined to be defective.

This is a very common US warranty.

Victor