The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Now _THIS_ is exciting ...

ZoranC

I can see why :) And I have number of M645 lenses :)

This also brings question: Where we should be posting about it, in Alpha forum or MF forum?

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Its kind of a combo deal. Honestly i dont care either way. Its good data and all that matters. I want one thats all i know. Lol

Thomas Fallon

This is very compact. Doing the math on the rear shift, rise and fall, it seems this will stitch about 2.5 inches square maximum. At the A7r res of a little over 4900 pixels on the 1 inch way, that equates to over 12000 pixels. About a 150 mega pixel image. 12000 pixels is enough to do 40x40 prints at 300 dpi. Pretty impressive for a 2 pound view camera.

scho

This is very compact. Doing the math on the rear shift, rise and fall, it seems this will stitch about 2.5 inches square maximum. At the A7r res of a little over 4900 pixels on the 1 inch way, that equates to over 12000 pixels. About a 150 mega pixel image. 12000 pixels is enough to do 40x40 prints at 300 dpi. Pretty impressive for a 2 pound view camera.
Yes, I've been using a rhinocam stitching plate with the A7R and MF lenses to make approximately 160 MP images, but the Actus also will give you tilt/shift movements that is a big plus. Looking forward to the release in July.

Thomas Fallon

I tried a Rhinocam. I found it very clunky. Not designed for the A7, but of course that is what I wanted to put on it. Difficult to even mount the camera and only possible in vertical orientation unless you want to unscrew the preview window. The device is limited to a 645 frame so you can't take advantage of lenses with larger image circles. The preview window was useless unless you want to get out a dark cloth and it made the setup twice as big and off balance. Control for sliding the camera was hidden under the camera and hard to reach. Hoping the Actus is a much more elegant solution.

Uaiomex

I returned my Rhinocam. I planned to use it mainly with my CF 50 but it didn't show any accutance. A slight haziness permeated the whole picture. This happened with my IR converted A6000.
Also, the thicker grip of the A6k intereferd with the sliding plate when rotating the camera.
Finally, the locking screw came loose. It went back.
Sadly because I really wanted to like it very much.
Eduardo

Just wondering, there is no Canon Eos mount on this Cambo is there? I realise that I would have to preset the aperture but that is still worth it to me to be able to use the Canon 17mm TS-E and 24mm TS-E II. I think I will opt for either Chieks GX680 conversion or Stefan Steib's HCam Master adapter when it comes out..

Also, is 35mm the widest you can go with the Cambo?

Steve Hendrix

Just wondering, there is no Canon Eos mount on this Cambo is there? I realise that I would have to preset the aperture but that is still worth it to me to be able to use the Canon 17mm TS-E and 24mm TS-E II. I think I will opt for either Chieks GX680 conversion or Stefan Steib's HCam Master adapter when it comes out..

Also, is 35mm the widest you can go with the Cambo?

I don't believe so as of yet. There is Nikon F mount and Leica R for 35mm formats. We'll see.

Actually 32mm would be the widest lens available (with some limitations). I've posted this in the MF section , but probably should at least cross post it here.

https://captureintegration.com/first-look-cambo-actus/

Steve Hendrix
Capture Integration