The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The trusty 85mm 1.4 ZA

pegelli

Great shot and smile rvc, also the b&w conversion is done very well.

But, the old Minolta 85/1.4 G is no slough either, with great sharpness (not as clinical as the CZ) as well as bokeh:

(sorry for breaking into your thread this way ;) )

Last edited:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Love mine as well. I just played with this and the 135 1.8 on the A77II on continuous mode with AF lock expanded Flex spot and it's very nice not as fast as my 24mm with SSM but on a slow moving subject it can keep up. Ideally if you need the speed of AF continuous than the 70-200 would serve you better for real movement but a model shoot the 85 and 135 would do okay. What I'm hoping for next is a A7rII that performs with AF continuous and 36 mpx. That would make me jump on it as for AF the A77 II just might be the best I have seen follow movement.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Here is the good news on this lens. For A6000 and A series users even with the Sony 4 adapter its really not that big and heavy. Sure its not a 55 1.8 but until we see a FE 85 1.4 this is maybe your best AF option and frankly I think one of the best 85mm 1.4 around. Nikon does make a nice one as well but thats a adapter setup that is no fun in my mind. I think its better than the manual Focus Zeiss 85 1.4 in the ZE and Zf.2 mounts.

This is a keeper lens in my mind

Now if there is any question on the 135 1.8 than simply put its maybe the main reason to buy Sony in the first place. LOL

Last edited: