The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the RX100 III

lambert

Steve Huff's Review

Steve Huff's review is up. Here's an interesting snippet:

"The way the RX100 III handles light and shadows can indeed be dramatic and very pleasing to the eye…it’s funny but there are times when the images I took with the RX100 III looked better in the final file over my Leica M 240 for resized web images! The color and smooth look is a signature of the RX100 series."

The Sony RX100 III Review. The best pocket camera ever? | STEVE HUFF PHOTOS

I'll add my voice to the choir here. It's amazing!

I'm heading to Burning Man and need to pack light. I was looking for something that would fit in a small belt pouch (along with other essentials), but I worried I might regret leaving the heavy artillery behind. However, after even casual testing, I can see this is a remarkable little camera.

Adobe has just released Lightroom 5.6, which appears to fix the bug with ISO 125 shots from the RX-100 III. (earlier versions made these shots look underexposed.)

erudolph

Re: Travellin' light

Operational question for video. I tried to shoot some XAVC-S video at the 120fps mode and it seems to be coming out in real time. Any thoughts on that?

Also, out of curiosity, I wonder if there is a thread where people discuss their preferred settings for this little camera.

... And video quality, shot in XAVC-S, is sensational.

Last edited: