Site Sponsors
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 151 to 165 of 165

Thread: Fun with the RX100 III

  1. #151
    Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,224
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with the RX100 III

    Hi Barry,

    Thanks for those kind words, glad you enjoyed the pics.

    I think I was last on the Waverley in 1958 when I crossed the Bristol Channel from Weston Super Mare to Penarth at the end of a cycling/youth hostelling trip with my brother and a cousin.

    I think The Medway Queen has been restored and is now at Gillingham and I do remember seeing it about 5 years ago at a dockyard in Bristol having a hull restoration. As I'm sure you know it was involved in the Dunkirk evacuations in 1940, and for a time was a nightclub on the Isle of Wight. Lots of info on the web.

    A long and chequered past, just like us!

    Have you still got the pics from the Isle of Grain?

    Here's a pic of the engine chugging along. 1/2 sec hand held.

    Cheers,

    gandolfi.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03128.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	309.8 KB 
ID:	121080  
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

  2. #152
    Senior Member Barry Haines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Cornwall
    Posts
    1,509
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with the RX100 III

    Quote Originally Posted by gandolfi View Post
    Hi Barry,

    Thanks for those kind words, glad you enjoyed the pics.

    I think I was last on the Waverley in 1958 when I crossed the Bristol Channel from Weston Super Mare to Penarth at the end of a cycling/youth hostelling trip with my brother and a cousin.

    I think The Medway Queen has been restored and is now at Gillingham and I do remember seeing it about 5 years ago at a dockyard in Bristol having a hull restoration. As I'm sure you know it was involved in the Dunkirk evacuations in 1940, and for a time was a nightclub on the Isle of Wight. Lots of info on the web.

    A long and chequered past, just like us!

    Have you still got the pics from the Isle of Grain?

    Here's a pic of the engine chugging along. 1/2 sec hand held.

    Cheers,

    gandolfi.
    Thank you for the info...A lot of which I didn't know.
    Yes I still have the B&W negs I'm sure...but no scanner that works with win10
    I do remember that the guys were fighting what I thought was a loosing battle trying to patch it up between tides... lovely to know that they succeeded...if I do get my hands on a scanner I will try and upload a few.
    I hope you don't mind me asking...is Gandolfi your sir name?....I was in touch with Fred and Arthur Gandolfi (Camera's) just as they retired and I ordered my 10x8 mahogany traditional...All the best Barry

  3. #153
    Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,224
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with the RX100 III

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Haines View Post
    I hope you don't mind me asking...is Gandolfi your sir name?....I was in touch with Fred and Arthur Gandolfi (Camera's) just as they retired and I ordered my 10x8 mahogany traditional...All the best Barry
    Barry,

    No, not my name, just a relevant nom de plume I chose to hide behind.

    I bought a black 10 x 8 way back in 1970. Remember going down to Gandolfi in Peckham to collect it.

    Seemed like a wooden shed with a lot of sawdust!

    I think I dealt with Arthur.

    I still have it, but will probably think of selling it sometime soon.

    Cheers.

    gandolfi.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  4. #154
    Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,224
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with the RX100 III

    'The Bus Stop Stupa', Weston super Mare.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC09243.jpg2.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	195.2 KB 
ID:	121120  
    Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

  5. #155
    Senior Member Annna T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Swiss Alps
    Posts
    1,441
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    3

    Re: Fun with the RX100 III

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Haines View Post
    Thank you for the info...A lot of which I didn't know.
    Yes I still have the B&W negs I'm sure...but no scanner that works with win10
    I do remember that the guys were fighting what I thought was a loosing battle trying to patch it up between tides... lovely to know that they succeeded...if I do get my hands on a scanner I will try and upload a few.
    I hope you don't mind me asking...is Gandolfi your sir name?....I was in touch with Fred and Arthur Gandolfi (Camera's) just as they retired and I ordered my 10x8 mahogany traditional...All the best Barry
    Barry do you know about Vuescan ? https://www.hamrick.com
    I'm still able to use a very old Epson Expression 4490 scanner on my last HP PC managed by Window10. It is well worth a try.

    Another possibility for BW pictures is to photograph them with your A7. I recently got a cheap copy stand (a tripod could also work, but a geared wheel on a stand makes focusing much easier) and put a led viewing table under the camera with the negs in one of the many holder I still have around.
    AnnaT or rrr_hhh at Flickr
    My facebook page
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  6. #156
    Senior Member Barry Haines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Cornwall
    Posts
    1,509
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with the RX100 III

    Quote Originally Posted by Annna T View Post
    Barry do you know about Vuescan ? https://www.hamrick.com
    I'm still able to use a very old Epson Expression 4490 scanner on my last HP PC managed by Window10. It is well worth a try.

    Another possibility for BW pictures is to photograph them with your A7. I recently got a cheap copy stand (a tripod could also work, but a geared wheel on a stand makes focusing much easier) and put a led viewing table under the camera with the negs in one of the many holder I still have around.
    Thanks Annna (+Gandolfi), yes I do...but I haven't used Vuescan in over a decade! (now downloaded the trial to my new PC).
    Just dug out my ancient old epson flatbed scanner 2003...even older than yours Annna! (Epson Perfection 3200) and to my surprise it still works!...I just spent a very tedious 3 hours searching for my Medway Queen B&W negs to absolutely no avail
    They are still around filed away somewhere, I'm sure of that... but finding them is yet another matter altogether (Never had a filing system back then).

    I did manage to find a few transparencies whilst looking through for the negs...From a long time ago of the Medway Queen when it was at Kent (Isle of Grain) stuck in the mud
    The trouble is these images are absolutely awful quality not much helped by using a rubbish flatbed scanner with small 35mm film... but you can just see it's the Medway Queen in a sorry poor old state.
    + Badly scanned, apologies and with a trial watermark as my old Vuescan serial number no longer seems to be working (probably because I have changed me Email address about 4 times since I purchased it and am no longer registered) ...I really need to get my head around this software but it's very late here in the UK and I'm now pretty tired so these will have to do as it takes ages to run each pass with this old flatbed scanner of mine.
    Above the deck and it is free of mud but you can see the rot....below the deck it was covered in mud and weed with an exposed hull.
    Dropbox https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8d3yea414...ryLZq3Hla?dl=0
    I won't bother scanning all the others as it takes ages, as I am sure you understand after seeing these...I will delete these from the Dropbox in a couple of days...Cheers Barry
    Flickr Photostream
    Barry Haines
    Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  7. #157
    Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,224
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with the RX100 III

    The Bishop's Palace, Wells.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02664.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	417.2 KB 
ID:	121631  
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

  8. #158
    Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,224
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with the RX100 III

    Shot with camera in HDR mode (takes 3 (?) pics in quick succession and blends into one), and I panned rapidly from L to R during exposure.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03231.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	415.4 KB 
ID:	121692  
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

  9. #159
    Senior Member pegelli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    1,576
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with the RX100 III

    ^^ interesting experiment, came out well I'd say!
    My Pics
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

  10. #160
    Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,224
    Post Thanks / Like

    Thumbs up Re: Fun with the RX100 III

    Quote Originally Posted by pegelli View Post
    ^^ interesting experiment, came out well I'd say!
    Thanks, Pieter. Nice to play with this stuff which rests half forgotten in the camera most of the time.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  11. #161
    Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,224
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with the RX100 III

    On a walk to the docs to get an anti-flu jab.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03291.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	306.4 KB 
ID:	121833   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03312.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	277.3 KB 
ID:	121834   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03314.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	252.4 KB 
ID:	121835   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03306.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	204.7 KB 
ID:	121836  
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  12. #162
    Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,224
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with the RX100 III

    Viennese nights.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00482.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	426.8 KB 
ID:	121876   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00488.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	301.1 KB 
ID:	121877   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00548.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	375.5 KB 
ID:	121878   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00777.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	363.6 KB 
ID:	121879  
    Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

  13. #163
    Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,224
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with the RX100 III

    ..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03290.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	339.6 KB 
ID:	121894  
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

  14. #164
    Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,224
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with the RX100 III

    Warp Factor 6 over Juan-Les-Pins.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02600.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	326.7 KB 
ID:	121901  
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

  15. #165
    Subscriber Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,224
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with the RX100 III

    Similar shot to post No. 158 above ; HDR mode so multiple exposure blended into 1 but a different sort of result with ghost image of cyclist to the right.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03342.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	477.1 KB 
ID:	122057  

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •