The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the RX100 III

C_R

An old famer looks over his fields (1/125 f:4 ISO 125 54 mm eq.)

Summer rain, backlight (1/200 f:4 ISO 125 -2 EV, 70 mm eq.)

I find IQ from this lens / tiny sensor simply stunning (1/80 f:3.5 ISO 125 -1 EV, 35 mm eq.)

Original size. I shot this scene also with the FE 24-70, and resized to RX100 it is hard to tell a difference

Carsten
Flickr

chrisd

An old famer looks over his fields (1/125 f:4 ISO 125 54 mm eq.)

Amazing capture. Hard to believe such a small camera can produce such amazing images as on this thread, or it proves that in the right hands, cameras with average specifications can produce outstanding results.

C_R

Amazing capture. Hard to believe such a small camera can produce such amazing images as on this thread, or it proves that in the right hands, cameras with average specifications can produce outstanding results.
Thank you :) This little marvel is going to be my constant companion. Never miss an opportunity... For my next vacation, the A7R/ FE 24-70 will stay at home

tbhv55

I share the enthusiasm in this thread for the RX100 Mk3. The results shown above speak for themselves.

I've had the Mk1 for nearly two years, and I use it very frequently. It has been absolutely superb - great quality in a pocket-sized camera. :thumbup: For me, the only problem (if that's what it is) is that the Mk3 is now looking VERY tempting. :eek: The inclusion of an EVF just about seals it, for me...:rolleyes:

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Sorry, sorry, sorry - those are taken with the RX-10. I have both cameras and I got mixed up.
Same sensor though, so I'll leave them here.

Thanks for your patience

Keith

chrisd

Sorry, sorry, sorry - those are taken with the RX-10. I have both cameras and I got mixed up.
Same sensor though, so I'll leave them here.

Thanks for your patience

Keith
No worries, same sensor. I'm curious, as someone who has both the rx10 and rx100, do you find yourself using one over the other most of the time?

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
No worries, same sensor. I'm curious, as someone who has both the rx10 and rx100, do you find yourself using one over the other most of the time?
Very different cameras in terms of handling and ergonomics. I take the RX100 when space is a premium - I slip it in a pocket. Otherwise I always take the RX10. I like the extra zoom range and the setup with manual aperture setting on the lens. The IQ is near the same on both even though they have different lenses, but the RX10 is for sure my favorite - beautiful camera capable of stunning results.

Keith

tbhv55

Very different cameras in terms of handling and ergonomics. I take the RX100 when space is a premium - I slip it in a pocket. Otherwise I always take the RX10. I like the extra zoom range and the setup with manual aperture setting on the lens. The IQ is near the same on both even though they have different lenses, but the RX10 is for sure my favorite - beautiful camera capable of stunning results.

Keith
Having owned an RX100 (Mk1) for nearly two years, and having recently acquired an RX10, this is - pretty much - exactly how I view the similarities (and differences) between the two cameras.

I have to admit to being more impressed than I expected with the RX10 in the short time that I've owned it. It's a very well thought-out design... no, not perfect (what is?), but very good. I'm slightly surprised that Sony hasn't 'pushed' this model a little more.:confused:

I can see why some people would not want the RX10, but for me it seems to be just what I was looking for... i.e. it fills the gap between RX100 and DSLR very nicely.:thumbup:

Hi

how is the RX100 MKIII for sports like soccer, field hockey, basket ball? Is the AF fast/good enough?

Thanks

JoelM

I believe that it is a mathematical value, like say, the average family has 2.4 kids.

Joel

Viramati

useful thing I have discovered on Dpreview is that if you press the on/off button while closing the EVF the camera doesn't shut down!! It works

chrisd

Hi

how is the RX100 MKIII for sports like soccer, field hockey, basket ball? Is the AF fast/good enough?

Thanks
AF is not fast, so the RX100M3 is not recommended for action. You would be better off to get the A6000 + 16-50 for same price or choose a different high end P&S.