The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the RX100 III

RAM

The RX100 III shots look great. I just received mine today. How are you post processing? Thanks.

tashley

Subscriber Member
Thank you! Processing is in LR and I start with sharpening 60/0.7/70/20 with no luminance NR for low ISO and 50 for higher ISO with 25 Luminance NR but then every image is tweaked a little. Clarity is usually +10 or 12 and I often selectively boost or subtract from individual colour channels in both saturation and luminance. I often also add a 'virtual' ND but in highlights only, to bring skies into better control. But every image varies...

Last edited:

RAM

Thanks Tashley :) You got me motivated to get out this week end and start shooting and give these settings a try. Keep up the posts!

Any other RX1000 III users?

philber

Great pics, Tim! Certainly nothing "small-camera-small-sensor-ish" about them. Seems to have very nice colours and quite a bit of 3D, too. But then, with the Ashley, is there any camera he couldn't make good pictures with ?

Rawfa

Nice stuff, Tim.
It´s hard to believe that not long ago the LX3 was one of the best compact cameras one could have...and it still would not fit very well in your pocket.

tashley

Subscriber Member
Honestly, for print sizes up to about 20" and at low ISO I think most people would be hard pressed to tell the M3 from the a7r. It really is good.

lambert

Travellin' light

I travelled super light for our mid-year family holiday to far North Queensland (Australia). Just the RX100 III and my Ricoh GR. The Sony is a potent little camera.
The lens is (possibly) better than the Zeiss E16-70 and FE24-70 zooms. IS works great (all images here were shot hand-held). And video quality, shot in XAVC-S, is sensational.

lambert

Re: Travellin' light

Actually, I packed a third camera (my Lumix FT5) for this sort of stuff:

This is the Great Barrier Reef. The RX100 III can't dive (yet).

RAM

Has anyone compared their pics to other cameras? I suspect this little guy punchs well above its weight.

We need some more pics!

Rawfa

Some very cool stuff around these parts :) What a wonder little camera.
With all the new awesome stuff they've released these last years, Sony is really on fire. It's hard to argue that they're currently the most innovative digital imaging company around.

Annna T

You Know what? No processing! Just jpeg direct from the camera
Yeah.. Please downsize your pictures before showing them : the max size authorized here is 1200 pixels in the longest dimension. When you don't resize, it is achieved by the JavaScript in people's web browser. So a) people won't be able to contemplate your picture at full size, but b) nevertheless people on a slow connection will have to wait hours before everything is downloaded and redimensioned. Not everyone is on a fast connection. I'm actually up in the mountains and on a mobile connexion which is both slow and limited to 5gb a month. So your pictures are really a bandwidth waste for me (and I'm here on this same slow connection for two months).

Thank you in advance for taking more care of people like me on a slow connection.