The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the RX100 III

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Just what is it about modern life that can make it seem so utterly irresistible.
No2 in an occasional series.

Lucille

Folks, I have much gear and some of the most powerful Full Frame cameras built in the world, yet I find I keep grabbing my tiny Rx100 mIII, I just love it.

Mora, New Mexico.

Rx100 mIII, 24mm f/4, ISO125, 1/500sec.

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
"When gravity fails,
and negativity don't pull you through...."

Haven't managed very much recently.

However,

A while back I spent a couple of days in the lovely little village of La Brigue, in the Alpes-Maritimes.

Cheers,

Gandolfi.

tbhv55

"When gravity fails,
and negativity don't pull you through...."

Haven't managed very much recently.

However,

A while back I spent a couple of days in the lovely little village of La Brigue, in the Alpes-Maritimes.

Cheers,

Gandolfi.
Long time; no 'see', Gandolfi...! Good to see that you're putting the MkIII to good use.

There's something nicely 'HC-B' about the first of these shots...;)

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Thanks, Tim.

Life is really just one decisive moment after another, don't you think;)

Some more snaps at La Brigue.

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
I walked east out of La Brigue along the footpath through the trees, ending at a modest building above the stream.
It felt like the middle of nowhere....

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
...but at the end of the fifteenth century, about the time Columbus sailed across the pond, it had been a hive of activity.

Jean Baleison and Jean Canavesio were busy covering all the walls and ceiling with frescoes depicting the the Passion of Christ and the Last Judgement.

It's like the Sistine Chapel in the Alps!

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Just what is it about modern life that can make it seem so utterly irresistible.
No 3 in an occasional series.

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
This is Menton old town. Rather lovely!!
I fiddled about with ColEfex then used a filter in P/shop Elements6 called 'poster edges' which gives a slightly thicker and more defined edge to things.
Useful occasionally.

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
I called in at the Fox and Badger for re-fuelling.
I took six snaps and threw one away, then I cycled home.
Slightly straightened soocs.