The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A7R with TSE 17 and 24 color shift question

D

Deleted member 7792

Okay:

A7R, Metabones, 17TSE, 24TSEII

SubTotal: $7,395.00

A little more palatable.

Still thinking...
Don't think too long Jack. Today (July 5) is the final day of the Canon mail-in lens rebate.

Does Mancuso work for B&H? :ROTFL:

Joe

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Update. Decided to go for it, but pulled the C24TSEII off the order and added a Metabones Nikon to Nex adapter. I'll use my Nikon 24TS for now as it's an excellent copy -- it's not as good as the Canon, but good enough for now. Selling off one of my D800 bodies to help fund this little project. Will have the kit established in time for our Eastern Sierra and Yosemite high country Fall workshop! Thanks for all your inputs!

D

Deleted member 7792

Good idea Joe, but of course B&H is closed until sunset today!
I think the rebate is good until the clock strikes midnight. And the TS-E lenses are on the rebate form:

Joe

D

Deleted member 7792

Update. Decided to go for it, but pulled the C24TSEII off the order and added a Metabones Nikon to Nex adapter. I'll use my Nikon 24TS for now as it's an excellent copy -- it's not as good as the Canon, but good enough for now.
You'll miss not having the EXIF info passed to the camera. No doubt the Nikon 24mm tilt-shift is an excellent lens, and I've owned a couple of them, but ultimately you'll want the Canon equivalent.

Congrats on the purchase, and welcome to the Sony a7/a7R community! :thumbs:

Joe

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Yea we should have mentioned this with the Canon Glass and the metabones IV you do get full function of the Aperture setting on the camera not the lens which is really nice plus you get full Exif data as well. Bonus if you have a Canon AF lens it will auto focus they dang thing although a little slow compared to Native lenses it will be a bonus.

For now your only investing a extra 100 dollars for a Nikon mount and what I did was just start switching things out at a pace that your comfortable with and if you ultimately want to transform everything over. Thats something that is down the road as a option. I went all in and happy I did. But thats me

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Jack once you have everything in hand we can go over all the menu settings. Also setup the FN menu which is really handy in the field

Ben Rubinstein

Reading through this thread is like watching a couple of young teenage boys eyeing the computer that their father has just disabled the parental watch filter on and knowing that he is about to go out for a couple of hours. You know with utter inevitability what is about to happen.... :ROTFL:

mbroomfield

Update. Decided to go for it, but pulled the C24TSEII off the order and added a Metabones Nikon to Nex adapter. I'll use my Nikon 24TS for now as it's an excellent copy -- it's not as good as the Canon, but good enough for now. Selling off one of my D800 bodies to help fund this little project. Will have the kit established in time for our Eastern Sierra and Yosemite high country Fall workshop! Thanks for all your inputs!
Jack, you won't be able to control the aperture on your 24PC with the Nikon adapter. The Nikon lens is an E lens, not G and can only be controlled electronically. There was a thread on this some time ago.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

chrisd

I have not noticed any color shift with my A7R and 17mm TS-E. These were processed in lightroom, but white balance, shadows and highlight adjustments mainly, no local adjustments for color.

D

Deleted member 7792

I have not noticed any color shift with my A7R and 17mm TS-E. These were processed in lightroom, but white balance, shadows and highlight adjustments mainly, no local adjustments for color.
:thumbs: I love these three images, and particularly like the "look" (HDR-ish but not extreme).

Joe

jlm

Workshop Member
regarding flange tightness of the Mbones: i put a very light grease film on the Mbone surface with considerable success

daf

My 2cts:
24PcE Nikon, is really not up to the Canon 24tseII.
45TSE is really bad, don't buy it!

24tseII is very good, if you stay with medium shift f5,6 or 8 are perfect (full shift on the long side need f11).
17tse is really good, same as the 24tseII, but it is definitly toooo wiiiiiiiiide.

You should have a look at the contax pc35, and if you need tilt just add a Hartblei TS adapter sonyE to Canon E...

For longer lenses you should have a look at the medium format lenses+TS adapter, for exemple pentax55 and 75 are very good, and allow large shift...
But you could also look at mamiya or hasselblad and many more...

Regarding the size of the minitechcam option , believe me when you put the sonyA7r+metabonnes+Lbracket+TSE+compendium, on the tripod then it's not small at all ! (it is almost the same size as a cambo+digitar+db)