The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Samyang/Rokinon 24mm f1.4

Ben Rubinstein

Hi,

As the alt 24mm lenses faster than f2.8 all seem to be rising in price (seen the price of the FD version recently? crazy!) or not so good in the corners I'm thinking about the Samyang/Rokinon 24mm f1.4 (thank you Stefan Steib for mentioning it to me!), albeit yes it's big and heavy on the A7r. For the price however it does seem to be one of the best bangs for the buck.

Couple of questions. Which way does the focus ring turn? Is it mount specific like the Zeiss lenses? I'd prefer the Nikon/Pentax 'wrong' rotation as that is what most of my other lenses use and as I have the Pentax adaptor anyway, even buying the sony native adaptor is not so important for me.

Has anyone used one on an A7r, are the corners ok? This camera is very finnicky about the corners on lenses otherwise ok on say a D800.

Do you have to go through multiple copies to get a good one with this lens as the 14mm seems to be?

Many thanks!