The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Final version: HCam Master TS 14-24mm

daf

Please stefan,
Don't turn around, and reply to my questions :

-Can we change ts-e lenses (for exemple switichning in field from 24tse to 17tse) whitout having to unscrew the hcam tripod foot from the Hcam shift/tilt adapter ?

-Can you provide us the shift possibility with TSE lenses (you said in the other post that you test them recently)

Stefan Steib

Please stefan,
Don't turn around, and reply to my questions :

-Can we change ts-e lenses (for exemple switichning in field from 24tse to 17tse) whitout having to unscrew the hcam tripod foot from the Hcam shift/tilt adapter ?

-Can you provide us the shift possibility with TSE lenses (you said in the other post that you test them recently)
David, please read my reply - your questions are answered !

Stefan Steib

Perhaps create a FAQ, especially if you already have a list of questions that are re-asked, then you point to the FAQ and don't have to type so much.
Mike - the FAQ is a good idea, I will do that asap.

I´m going to post this to the GetDPI/LL/my Website and my FaceBook HCam.de pages. Right now I have done a lot of postings to the facebook pages which I want to referrence here also:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/HCamde/122001131245665

Thanks and Greetings from Germany
Stefan

daf

Apologies...i've read too quick.

But i'm happy that you now recognyse that there were some problem with the first version, on both the vignetting problem solve by modyfiing the window form from rond to square and the tripod mount by made it differently ... thanks for this;)

So let's try it, i'll place you an order today, and i'll report here my finding.... as soon as i get it.
Best

Last edited:

Stefan Steib

Hi David

Apologies also to you, I have the problem of the "dejavue postings", because I write so much and sometimes just forget or mixup where I wrote to whom and what I answered. It´s kind of borderline experience, I should have a secretary, definitely.

And to the others: I am running at full speed(and beyond...!) but even this is sometimes not enough, so some infos may fall out of the grid on some places.
So help me to help you and please just ask for infos !

Thank you all !
Stefan

PS.: There is also the rotational collar David, that was the most valuable change, you will see.

Last edited:

daf

Hcam master sony/eos ordered ...

Stefan, no worry, but definetly you need to have a website with full spec, maybe a blog would do it , with possibility to adjust and put new infos on lens etc..

Stefan Steib

I can only invite all the people to see my stuff on Facebook, that is the most recent info and updated regularly, all the new stuff will be posted there first !

I had a blog and also the website is now becoming more like an HTML online catalogue, it is so much more effort to update. I know this is dangerous because Facebook is not to be calculated for the future, but at the momentary setup this is the most reach (combined with the fora) with the fastest info.

Regards
Stefa

mbn

seems like you are missing a little structure in your advertising strategics, stefan.
two threads, facebook and flickr account, a web page lacking informations and missing an shop system, trying to answer the same questions over and over again.

what a mess!:D

Stefan Steib

@MBN

you may misunderstand my status of operation.
I am ONE person. I do things that others need 20 people for.
My budget is low (partly intentional because I like the way I do it), I use guerilla marketing strategies and I refuse to bow down to conventional sales channel and marketing structures. Money which is not spent , has not to be earned. And I stay independent and can move FAST.

Do it better and then we speak again.

Regards
Stefan

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
It's weird it's now been I think 20 years since I shot film.
Yep. That 1.5MP Kodak built on the Nikon 8008 body -- DCS 200? -- with noisy ISO 50 and a crop factor of like 2 was a joy to use. And then it took like 6 seconds to write a single file? And if I recall correctly, it was a measly $25,000.00 to own one at the time?? I was shooting Leica M6 and Nikon F4 film cams at the time, thinking this digital thing will never work out! (Though I honestly did predict the end of Kodak Tri-X by the year 2025 when the Canon 1D was released!)

Times have changed a wee bit, eh? :ROTFL:

Stefan Steib

and Agfa is gone, Kodak is gone, Polaroid is gone, Fuji last man standing.
And if some of the few leftover "cameramakers" won´t pay attention, they will follow. We are now leaving the beginning of the digital hybrid market and starting fully into miniaturisation, standardization and substitution of mechanical functions by electronic and software.
I think it is good. Just for some larger companies it seems to be incredibly difficult to cope with the speed it happens.
And still - I would wish they would be more visionary and brave to try things. There was a time when Photoindustry was blooming in the 50ies and 60ies, where this exactly was done. Today it seems to me if there wasn´t Sony, which is actually not a Photomaker but an Electronic Corporation by it´s core philosophy, conceptual innovation would have come to a halt.
Changes have always been radical to be successful. Dry film, Rollfilm,24x36, Polaroid, digital chip,to connect cameras(in smartphones)to the internet, next will be no more mech,full global shutter, multishot hdr-highres, augmented reality, the connection of photography with big data, liquid or magnetic lichtfeld universal focus optics.
All this will happen. To refuse to deal with it, means extinction.

I am very curious and happy to be with that devellopment and being able to see all that happening.

Greetings from Germany
Stefan

joelorbita

So I am interested in this item and would like to know a few things about it and possibly see it illustrated as well..

1. Provided that the image circle is large enough, can you stitch a full 6cm x 4.5cm image with this adapter? eg if using a Pentax 645 35mm lens for instance. You have mentioned this previously and made reference to lenses that will work with your Hcam but I am more concerned with mechanical vignetting and how this might interfere.

If a lens has a big enough image circle, what are the maximum dimensions that can be achieved?

2. If using the Canon 17mm and 24mm TS-E lenses, what combination of rise AND shift is able to be achieved? Based on other users comments, if there was not a substantial combination of both, I just do not see the point. Especially when having to "preset the aperture of the Canon lenses" which is a bit of a hassle. Why not just use either of those lenses in combination with a Metabones adapter?

By the way, you do not need a Canon body to do this, it can be done via a Metabones adapter if using one. I cannot remember the procedure exactly but it is how I use mine.

3. What exactly does the rotating collar achieve? I presume it is for stitching but I am completely in the dark about this one :(

So, as mentioned, I am interested in this product and like many others feel that there is very limited information floating around on it.

A simple video and some images illustrating its stitching abilities would be very helpful!

"daf", if you are receiving one, I look forward to your thoughts and experiences with it :)

joelorbita

Hi Daf,
Yes, please share when you get a chance! An actual user experience will definitely be able to answer some of my questions..

Am very keen to be able to get one of these but at this stage, I still have no idea if it is going to do what I am after...

I don't have much interest in using the adapter with the Nikon 14-24mm but am more interested in the Canon TS-E lenses and medium format lenses..

Thanks so much. Look forward to hearing your thoughts and experiences.

Enjoy the slopes :)