The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Final version: HCam Master TS 14-24mm

Immfocus

Low activity here lately.

It is a pitty how little information is there about a such a pricey product. We only know the compatibility of a couple or 3 lenses.
I´m quite surprised when you ask the manufacturer about one lens and the answer is: sorry I haven´t try that. Hey! It´s your product and it seems you don´t want to sell it.

As far I as I know we don´t know how much you can shift a 17 or 24mm TS + Hcam. Or that great excel sheet of the main and most used lenses in the market. Or the incompatibilities.

I´m not that bold to try luck with such an expensive thing

Stefan Steib

Low activity here lately.

It is a pitty how little information is there about a such a pricey product. We only know the compatibility of a couple or 3 lenses.
I´m quite surprised when you ask the manufacturer about one lens and the answer is: sorry I haven´t try that. Hey! It´s your product and it seems you don´t want to sell it.

As far I as I know we don´t know how much you can shift a 17 or 24mm TS + Hcam. Or that great excel sheet of the main and most used lenses in the market. Or the incompatibilities.

I´m not that bold to try luck with such an expensive thing
Hcam does recommend and also sell solutions with lenses 16-35, 14-24 and 11-24mm that work and are tested. Here in the thread and also on my Website you find a list of lenses that work for the HCam B1, which automatically indicates they will also work on this adapter.

We can not and want not to support hundreds, maybe thousands of possible lenses that people may put on this combination, either with MF adapters or with xxx to EOS adapters that may or may not work.

Your request is like wanting to a buy a car and you walk to the dealer and tell him you want the car with no wheels and he shall give you a complete list of possible wheel, tire combinations with tests how well these perform - of course for free and with full guarantee ? And if he refuses calling him bad service ?

Sorry - no way.

Regards
Stefan

Immfocus

Hcam does recommend and also sell solutions with lenses 16-35, 14-24 and 11-24mm that work and are tested. Here in the thread and also on my Website you find a list of lenses that work for the HCam B1, which automatically indicates they will also work on this adapter.

We can not and want not to support hundreds, maybe thousands of possible lenses that people may put on this combination, either with MF adapters or with xxx to EOS adapters that may or may not work.

Your request is like wanting to a buy a car and you walk to the dealer and tell him you want the car with no wheels and he shall give you a complete list of possible wheel, tire combinations with tests how well these perform - of course for free and with full guarantee ? And if he refuses calling him bad service ?

Sorry - no way.

Regards
Stefan
The way I see is quite the opposite. I ask the wheel manufacturer if they would fit in my car and he/she answer: I know they work with x car but I don't know if they fit in y or z car. Try for yourself.

Anyway. I've seen here that 16-35 is quite usable and a tamron is not.
I have not seen in your site a list of usable lenses. Would you mind to put a link?

Stefan Steib

The way I see is quite the opposite. I ask the wheel manufacturer if they would fit in my car and he/she answer: I know they work with x car but I don't know if they fit in y or z car. Try for yourself.

Anyway. I've seen here that 16-35 is quite usable and a tamron is not.
I have not seen in your site a list of usable lenses. Would you mind to put a link?
But I am not the wheel manufacturer. I make the car.

http://www.hartblei.eu/downloads/LensList-HCam.pdf

Regards
Stefan

NoBob

Hi Stefan,

Is there going to be a quick release version of the proPsolution TSE Adapter?

Fiddling about with screws on a job is far too much hassle.

Stefan Steib

Hi Stefan,

Is there going to be a quick release version of the proPsolution TSE Adapter?

Fiddling about with screws on a job is far too much hassle.
Well maybe that is not what you want to hear, but I have several customers who just bought a second one and keep the both TSE 17+24mm
always on in the bag and on job.

I am sure we could do a quick release version, that would weight much more and cost more as well, but who would buy it then ?

Regards
Stefan

NoBob

> but I have several customers who just bought a second one and keep the both TSE 17+24mm always on

Hence double the cost and more stuff (two of them) to carry.

NoBob

I was thinking about getting one, but then realised it would be too slow to unscrew everything, put in another lens, then screw everything down again.

Was hoping there might be some kind of Arca Swiss style quick release mechanism instead of the screws in development.

I can't be buying two of them.

Never mind. I'll do without it.

Stefan Steib

I was thinking about getting one, but then realised it would be too slow to unscrew everything, put in another lens, then screw everything down again.

Was hoping there might be some kind of Arca Swiss style quick release mechanism instead of the screws in development.

I can't be buying two of them.

Never mind. I'll do without it.

By the way: you are in the wrong thread here. This is about the HCam master TS.

And second: where are you going to attach an "Arca swiss style quick release mechanism" on a TSE lens ? Right - on some kind of a screw on clamp.
That would only mean you want a seperate foot and 2 adapters with a double arca adapter plate for each one and much higher price?
Result: higher weight and nearly the same or even higher price than our product in 2 pieces and I bet less sales.

Regards
Stefan