The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A full public apology to Guy Mancuso

tashley

Subscriber Member
Guy, I'm gonna shootout the a7r/50 1.8 vs D810/Siggy Art 50 soon. Look away if you don't want to see the results...

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
So I just dropped my Pana GH4, Fuji Xt-1 X-M1 18 23 56 and 18-55 for a
Sony A7s and Leica MM Silver....

Does this ever end?

Hopefully not....

Bob

philip_pj

A lot of reviewers seem convinced the new ART Sigma 50/1.4 is the best thing since sliced bread. Their readership is still largely in the DSLR world of course ;-)

Here is the only credible test I have seen thus far comparing the FE55, Sigma ART, Otus and others, with real images and real world analysis - done on a level playing field - the a7r:

Most adorable 50s - UPDATED: Sigma Art 50/1.4 DG HSM Review

The ART looks a little harsh to me, corners not outstanding until f4, less likeable bokeh. Add in 820 grams, complex configuration, needs micro-adjust...more data points are always welcome though, Tim!

The D810 + Sigma ART weighs a half pound more than all of my main kit combined: a7r + FE55 + CY 21/2.8 + CY 100/3.5, so it's not for me. And Zeiss will not be producing cutting edge lenses for Nikon anytime soon, but they will be doing so for FE.

ZoranC

Here is the only credible test I have seen thus far comparing the FE55, Sigma ART, Otus and others, with real images and real world analysis - done on a level playing field - the a7r:
I don't call that a level playing field as comparing lens that is optimized for certain sensor (FE55) to lenses that are not natural fit for that sensor is not technically correct comparison.

jonoslack

I think I'm failing in slit tines. (Sluttiness on a normal keyboard :) ). I'll have to pull myself together, trouble is I don't know which way to jump!

tashley

Subscriber Member
BTW people, I have posted some initial impressions of the D810 along with a small number of pictures and some loose thoughts versus the A7R over on the Nikon forum...

Ben Rubinstein

I've had two D800e's (in the studio) and my A7r (since it came out about 8 months ago) just going to sit back and look smug. Oh and I don't know about the 50mm ART but I have two 35mm ART's in the studio, it's really really good.