The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

9/11 Memorial

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I went down the other day when I was in NY and first off I had a really hard time with this museum. As I grew up in NJ and i have been in the twin towers so many times I can't count them and my oldest brother actually worked in Tower 1 on the 77th floor years ago. So seeing this whole amazing display of such a tragic event was was a little much for me and had to leave after about a hour inside. Im sure others that have visited it have had the same feeling and I will go back next year and try to get through the whole museum. But anyway they did a amazing job on it and it is truly spectacular on what they have done.

I shot this one outside of the fountain with the A6000 and the Zeiss 12mm above my head.

Guy Mancuso

I had one lens and one lens only the Zeiss 12mm

Antenna that was on top of the building a small 19ft section

Godfrey

Thanks for showing these photos.

I get the same way when I visit the Vietnam War Memorial in Washington DC. I know too many names listed on those stark black marble panels.

G

Guy Mancuso

Anyway i did not shoot too much and you can only shoot in certain areas of the museum and there very strict about that too but something everyone should see at one point in time.

Guy Mancuso

On a lighter note after i left the memorial I went to B&H and bought a used 16-70 F4. So now the A6000 has two dedicated lenses for it the Zeiss 12 and 16-70. I have to say for a travel package this will rock the house.

petetsai

It is strange finally seeing it open Guy. I stayed at the World Center hotel that is in your first picture 4 years ago exactly and shot this. I remember thinking back then how slow the progress had gone as this was shot 9 years after already.

Ground Zero by PeteTsai, on Flickr