The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

new concepts - X/Y shift adapter for Sony a7/R

chiek

It is prototype for mine.
It's not selling item but I have a lot of all stock parts so Someone wants, I may sell it.

Canon EOS EF lens mounts,(or Nikkor G adapter with aperture control? )
so virtually all major brand lens accepts because of shortest flange back DSLR.

X/Y axis GEARED shift mechanism. zero point locking system.
Genuine Schneider parts.
shift range : X/Y both +/- 5.5mm (total 11mm)
It has safety lens locking system unlike my earlier designing cameras.
similar to Hcam TS master (I like it !) but My design Can not tilt.

Very Hard work to Machining.

If I would making and selling. *How about your think? *;)

designing camera blog
designing camera
compact technical camera for Sony a7
GX680/a7 combo

Last edited:

rweissman

I'd love an EF mount version assuming manageable image circle/vignetting. (And I'd really love a Leica R version...)

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Honestly this should go into production. Carry a small system like the A7 series this makes the most sense for a lot of shooters since its easy to throw in a bag and go. When you need to shift or rise and fall it looks to be very simple to get up and running. I love what everyone has been doing with these custom setups and I am all for it but something simple is very nice and maybe a more used item is just shift and rise and fall. I love tilt and swing but than you jump into a more complex setup like your tech cam and Stefans HCam or even the Cambo Aptus. These are great setups but take space in a bag, I still want one of those systems but out in the bush this maybe a better choice

Annna T

Great concept. I like it very much : it is much smaller than the other alternatives and I don't care for tilt, but shift is perfect for shooting architecture.

The problem is to find a lens at the same time wide enough (21 or 24mm would be great) and with a sufficient image circle to allow enough movement. 5mm isn't that much. I'd like 10-12mm. Of course one could use middle format lenses, but then it would be difficult to find wide angle fir 35mm.

I wish that Zeiss would produce such a wide lens. Really, if Zeiss is clever, they would produce a shift lens for the A7series. One without the tilt, so that the whole would remain very compact.

I really like this small shifting adapter :) Chiek.

jlm

Workshop Member
shift is a great thing as long as your lens has an image circle that will cover it. not all do

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I would be happy with a Sony ZA lenses. Since i have four of them I would be on it like flies on watermelon

Stefan Steib

Hi Chiek

Good work ! Keep it coming.

As it is, us small creatives need to show the industry what can be done if there is a will to do it.

Maybe this sends some more impulses to other people who may also start building stuff that photographers want. Instead of the stuff that some companies want to sell, no matter if people need it or not.

Greetings from Germany
Stefan

chiek

Prototype is no tripod mount but it is very easy to make tripod mount.

It was old schneider projector lens parts.

This canon mount hooked by a powerful spring.

Price... I want to many peoples use it. But machinist pay is us$1000 per day.
I have 8ea stock parts.

So I Offer to many photographer us$499 , not included shipping and paypal fee.
But quantity must be 8ea, if orders are not reached 8ea, then it's making is impossible.

It takes 2-3days to machining 8ea. So if it sold out (us$3990), machinist fee is about us$2000. And buying parts us$500-1000. My benifits are a little.

If you're interest, please let me know.

If orders are over 8ea, I will consider to making.

chiek

Even the cheapest 50mm F1.8 II (plastic mount) can cover full shift this adapter and Excellent sharpness.

I'm making 2nd version, Reverse type. It means Lens plane mount on tripod and Rear Sensor plane shift X/Y axis. So It has parallax free and can perfect stitching or shift.

mjm6

I would be happy with a Sony ZA lenses. Since i have four of them I would be on it like flies on watermelon
I've always used the term "rats on a Cheeto". For some reason, I think that places a stronger emphasis on the attraction! Hahaha...

mjm6

I agree that the shift needs to be greater than 5mm if at all possible...

Also, flip the knobs to the left as someone mentioned.

Lastly, make this work with Sony/Minolta mount lenses at least, and put an electronic connector in there if at all possible to pass lens info back and fourth.

Looks like a great concept, and something I could easily support if it met my needs.

Make a version that lets you speed shift tot he left/right up/down for stitching and ensure there is enough movement for lenses that will cover a proper stitching shift, and you've got a product variant that could have a lot of interest as well. Much greater interest than the architectural (precision shifting) crowd.

---Michael