The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with A7S

ashwinrao1

A7s, VM-E close focus adapter, Leica APO-Summicron 50 mm f/2 wide open:

ISO 160

ISO 320

ISO 5000

ISO 12,800 & Leica Noctilux @ f/0.95

G43

Nice to see this thread is slowly being filled up with 12MP S images.

This early morning I had a walk through a very old, to say it mildly 'untouched' part of the ancient town. Full of it's own charm and some door entrances which I like a lot.

I'll be a good boy and do some low light shooting soon. Perhaps more interesting to everybody?

I made an extra final sharpening pass of the resized files at 25% 0,2 pix for Internet looking. Not really to my taste and the allowed file sizes here does not call for it either. My bad :eek:

OK here we go:

ƒ/5.6 55.0 mm 1/320 160

ƒ/5.6 55.0 mm 1/320 100

ƒ/5.6 55.0 mm 1/320 100

ƒ/8.0 55.0 mm 1/320 250

No record

ƒ/3.5 55.0 mm 1/320 125

ryc

Ashwin. Love the color version of the pool shot! Cant wait to see a monochrome version of this camera!

ashwinrao1

Thanks, Jorge! It's quite a camera, and Sony puts together a bayerless monochrome version, holy smokes...can't imagine what ISO performace would look like....strip away any remaining AA filter to boot, and wow...

G43

Thanks, Jorge! It's quite a camera, and Sony puts together a bayerless monochrome version, holy smokes...can't imagine what ISO performace would look like....strip away any remaining AA filter to boot, and wow...
Ashwin.. you are into something here :rolleyes:

I finished a series of RAWs with the intention of B&W rendering as final outcome, meaning the scenes and objects are of more contrasty and textured nature.
I even think the S is better at this than colors, even I like those much.

Trashing the Beyer principle would be exciting, but I wouldn't know what to expect from it except what I have seen from the Mono M? Better tonality?

Steve P.

I like your b&w treatment, RiversPhoto, pleasant mid-tones, not too contrasty.
I had no idea there were snakes so close to Washington!!

RiversPhoto

I like your b&w treatment, RiversPhoto, pleasant mid-tones, not too contrasty.
I had no idea there were snakes so close to Washington!!
I am told Snakeheads are a scourge of the Chesapeake Bay watershed, and are severely damaging to the ecosystem. I was happy to hear from this young man that his Mom made great soup from those he caught!

I think this is a good example of why I am enjoying the Sony A7s in the normal iso range. I have been very happy with the tonality of the BW prints with this body and my Leica lenses. The M9 is sitting unused.

G43

From around Subotica Town, Vojvodina.

I started to feel more freed using the 7s along with getting acquainted to the camera menu and color space.

The camera has its strengths in the 1 stop extra vs its sisters, but its weakness, if any, is the moderate resolution for big prints.

FE 35mm F2.8 ZA
ƒ/7.1 35.0 mm 1/320 800

FE 35mm F2.8 ZA
ƒ/7.1 35.0 mm 1/320 400

FE 35mm F2.8 ZA
ƒ/7.1 35.0 mm 1/320 400