The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with A7S

G43

Hope the fun can start and many more pictures will follow my little contribution today.
Pictures are from Vrsac, SRB and shot with A7S and 55mm f1.8.

jfirneno

Hope the fun can start and many more pictures will follow my little contribution today.
Pictures are from Vrsac, SRB and shot with A7S and 55mm f1.8.
QUOTE]

Very nice. What were the aperture and exposure settings for the third photo and if you remember what was the focus point?

Regards,
John

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
It's what I have been noticing immediately with this cam is the files look to have really nice tonality to them. I like it a lot. This could be trouble.:D

I really want to wait for Photokinia but my interest in this one has gone up more than I thought it would.

Keep posting images folks

G43

I hope this fun thread will show what the camera is worth. Frankly, yesterday was the the first time I was outdoor with the camera and somehow I felt bonded to it right away. I didn't see that coming :)
The real pleasure came when I started processing the files I was positively surprised how much inherent latitude the files contains. You may push and pull pretty much here without noise becomes distracting. The colors are pretty robust against aggressive PP if one wish (which I don't). Of course one should keep up good exposure manners to obtain the optimum basic file, but good to see how deep the sensor reaches.
Obviously what we see is a result of less aggressive amplification of color luminance and hence the clean look.
12 fat Mega Pixels furthermore opens up for a great deal of usable lenses too.

The appearance of the S is good timnig for me. I am going to do an e-book about the little society I live in here the next 3 months :)

G43

Took a walk in town today.

The Priest in the Church shot was ISO 12800.
Other camera settings please look at my Flickr site.

To be continued with permission..:eek:

G43

The A7S files developed in ACR shows a tad magenta hue.
Setting the WB, a tad to the left of the hue scale towards green. Perhaps just -1 to -2. removes the slight exaggeration of magenta. IMO.

G43

Todays shots.. that's all for now.

The 7S works for me like a power horse. Not too many cylinders, but what it got, it got in abundance.

(My bad for the posted pictures in this thread. None were converted into sRGB :eek: )

mmbma

Took the A7S on a road trip to some sleepy towns throughout New England. The A7s re-energized my Voigtlander 12mm 5.6. A lens that was not good on the M240. With the ISO boost, this lens even can be a night shooter! stay tuned for more shots

Roadtrip starts!

Guy Mancuso

Have to say this as I been observing these images you folks are posting lately. This camera reminds me very much of fat pixel medium format look. Like my old Phase P25 9 micron sensor but with that you will see more moire in these images with the fat pixel A7s. Something to be aware of but I am really liking the look of it. If a A99II comes out with a 36mpx sensor I maybe selling all three of my bodies A7r,A77II and A6000 for a A99II for all my real work and this A7s as the travel, art cam. This cam looks to be the look cam. Hard to deny it as the tonal range is very sweet to the eye. Keep posting images folks

G43

The moire, and I know it's there, hasn't shown its ugly face yet. Buy surely one day some fabric or textured architectural shots will show it. No other way than to treat it in PP should it show up on a keeper.
I can't help to say it, the IQ reminds me a bit of the CDD look, but hell with a lot more DR.

It is perhaps beginner 'wowing' that causes my beloved EM1 haven't been touched since the 7S stepped over my door step. But I must admit the files are much more robust to PP then the tiny stressed EM1 MFT files.
Should Sony on top of this little treasure camera offer a bundle of nice FE glass.. the EM1 is out of work until MFT format sensors becomes considerably better re. noise.
That said the 7S is not even close to the user performance and good feeling the EM1 offers the photographer.

Chris C

OK.. a few more……..
Hi - I'm having an internal debate about the differing attractions of a7r/a7s, and I may just be favouring fat pixels. I'm curious; [for the type of images you've been posting], what size do you think a7s files will print well?

…………… Chris

Guy Mancuso

Folks since this is a high ISO cam on the market when posting images as always we like to see what lenses you are shooting as it helps others make good buying decision. It would also be nice to see the ISO settings your using as it does help others know what to expect and what effect the noise has on the images.

I thank you in advance