The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

70-200mm f2.8 G II Bokeh!

ryc

I was out shooting today with ths the new 70-200 G II. Everyone raves about the Canon and Nikon versions of this lens. But let me tell you. The bokeh from this lens is gorgeous ! It renders such creamy smooth bokeh it makes you wonder why it does not get more praise.

Oh, it is sharp too.

at 5.6

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I rented this lens for a gig in NY. Personally I think its better than the Nikon/Canon versions.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
The first version is very good. Be nice to see a side by side. I think it's the same lens formula but just faster AF and it is fast.

ryc

It also as nano coating, weather sealed and faster ssm then original. I was luck to get it at a discounted price. Knew someone at sony who got me his price. Regardless, it is a beautiful lens and I will be using it more this week.