The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma HMS AF support?

Rawfa

Hi guys,

I'm about to trade in some stuff for a Sigma 85mm f1.4. I was reading the lens description online and it says that "If the camera body does not support HSM, autofocus will not be available". I want to use this lens with the A7 + LA-EA4 and the A99. Can anyone confirm if it works on both?

Malina DZ

If the lens original box has a sticker "compartible with Sony SLT" cameras, it should work. Otherwise, You may need to send the lens to Sigma for a FW update.

Rawfa

rawfa have you discuss the AF speed difference between the la-ea4 vs the a99?
Sorry, are you asking me to compare which one is fastest and more accurate? If that is the case, then it's the A99 without a doubt. I've read many people's comments saying the la-ea4 was very fast and accurate but I really don't see it. My initial idea was to get 2 A7 cameras with la-ea4 for weddings, events and such, but it's just not fast or accurate enough. The A99 may not be ultra fast but it's just fast and accurate enough. It's really a shame because I would much rather move around with 2 small A7 bodies.