The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Minolta zooms on the A99 and A7?

Rawfa

Hi guys,

Since I've gotten the A99 and the LA-EA4 for the A7 I've been looking into all kinds of different alpha mount lenses. I'm particularly intrigued by 3 Minolta zooms and I was wondering if anyone here has used them and cares to comment or even post some samples (my main doubts are af speed and vignetting...corner sharpness it's important only it absolutely terrible).

- 24-108mm f3.5-4.5 (this one in particular really caught my eye)
- 28-105mm f3.5-4.5
- 28-135mm f4-4.5

benroy

Subscriber Member
I have the 28-135...very sharp, heavy, long...but very sharp. Does not focus close...is not fast (f/4 max ap)...but very sharp. Built like a tank.

Roy Benson

benroy

Subscriber Member
I use the 28-135 with the A77II (to take advantage of 42-200 range) and the A7 (with adapter) for wide range...pay little attention to speed of AF..I'm using it as a walk around...no sports or other fast moving activities (grass growing is my venue)...haven't noticed any vignetting. Waste of time and effort with macro when you have the Minolta 50 and 100 macro lenses.

Roy Benson

Rawfa

Thanks again, Roy. Would it be too much ask if I asked you for some samples wide open at wide end and tele end?

benroy

Subscriber Member
Sorry, I never shoot anything wide open...and would have nothing in my hard drive.

Roy Benson