The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fast removing strap for the A7?

Rawfa

Hi guys,

When I'm shooting events with 2 cameras I use a black rapid dual strap, but it bothers me that the regular straps are flopping around...I also don't want to remove them every time I have to use the black rapid dual strap. So I was wondering if anyone could advise on a strap with 2 snap links or a quick release that I can remove fast and that can hold am A7 with a grip, an F43M flash and a 70-200mm f4.

Basically what I want is something like this, except it without the massive padding and the bulky snap links: Lowepro Deluxe shoulder strap review Or this:

Last edited:

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Your Black Rapid will do it all....with the following:

B2-FABN: 38mm Screw-knob clamp with strap bosses

Put a small RRS Arca compatible plate on the cameras...the B2-FABN on your black rapid...

Unscrew the clamp and you drop the camera on tripod/mono compatible with the base plate or handhold without any strap.

I have gone to using this for all my cameras....unbelievably simple and works!

Bob

JMaher

I like the OP/TECH that Rawfa suggested - very convenient. Currently I use their sling strap with these when just walking around and take it off for studio shots or when I use a Spider holster for an outdoor shoot. Spider Camera Holster
Jim

RiversPhoto

https://peakdesign.com

I like this one for the A7 and my Leica. The connection that is attached to the camera is plastic and won't mar the camera when you disconnect the strap. There are also two choices of strap, with a conventional shoulder strap and a wrist strap available.

There are 10% off coupons available on the web, too.

Michael