The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

DSLR T/S lenses TS-E or PC

jagsiva

Why the heck don't these things have tripod collars and feet? Given that they don't why don't we have people like RRS make them?

How much more useful would these be if we could have them static on the tripod and just move the camera?

Am I missing something or is it just too much Scotch for this question?

Last edited:

jlm

Workshop Member
the canon TS lenses do have tripod mounts on the metabones adapter, but they are fitted close to the camera and therefore the lens moves with respect to the camera/tripod mount.

sounds like too much scotch

mbn

seen stitching clamps from Pro P Solutions, Zörk and the jumbo mbs so far.
if you ever had issues with parallax, when stitching with your shift lens, the metabones won't help.

jlm

Workshop Member
me, i use shift for perspective correction and to get rid of foreground with wide angle lenses, not so much for stitching, but agree, would be nice if the lens stayed put with respect to shift at least. unfortunately, there is not much real estate available on the shifting portion of the lens and it only shifts in one axis (of your choice, but only one) making a lens based mount very tricky

mbn

you can shift diagonal as well, which enables you to get rid of the horizontaly centered framing, w/o cropping.
also, these adapters eliminate the need to recompose after applying tilt. and allow you to use tilt in your shift panoramas.

but...
it seems like , results are just fine, most of the time, w/o such adapters.

jagsiva

the canon TS lenses do have tripod mounts on the metabones adapter, but they are fitted close to the camera and therefore the lens moves with respect to the camera/tripod mount.

sounds like too much scotch

I meant why not have the tripod mount forward of the shifting plane, kind of like a tech cam. I looked at the Metabones, but it moves with the camera. I 'd like something that moves with the lens.