The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony FE 16-35/f4

jfirneno

The examples speak for themselves.
I am very glad that I am the first on the list at my local dealer.
The bokeh is extremely good for Aperture 4.

In combination with my Noctilux, 75 Lux and 135mm Zuiko a nice travel set.

I can not wait - also applies to the next holiday.
Excellent! Early adopters should be treated as benefactors by everyone. I await your verdict and of course your excellent photos. That focal range will be perfect for many of the photos I look for.

Regards,
John

philber

Is it just me, or are the pictures on the review posted by SAR really promising? I am impressed by the close-up sharpness and nice bokeh.

UHDR

just spreading the news. certain shops is offering HK$1000 off if paid by cash. so 765GBP or 1222USD. Might get one next time i go there :D

i know, i know, the warranty thing is a age-old problem, certainly not unique to this lens.

EDITED: apparently, japan shops are selling it at even lower price (might be the exchnage rate). 1147USD/718GBP.

Barry Haines

Price wise it sounds a bit to good to be true. Both WEX and LCE (who I would trust) show the lens a £1289 + £100 cash back and neither have them in stock. I would be careful as it appears they are importing from Hong Kong so you may have warranty issues in the Uk
Many thanks David, I believe all Panamoz stock is imported as you say.
The prices are generally lower than the UK stock and still include VAT and postage and sometimes a 3 year "Panamoz warranty".
They rate highly on Trustpilot 9.8/10...I have not used them myself but my friends have numerous times without any problems.
https://www.trustpilot.co.uk/review/www.panamoz.com

UHDR

Price wise it sounds a bit to good to be true. Both WEX and LCE (who I would trust) show the lens a £1289 + £100 cash back and neither have them in stock. I would be careful as it appears they are importing from Hong Kong so you may have warranty issues in the Uk
they are hong kong based. they try to minimise the using "hong kong" on the site but it's mentioned once in the Terms and Conditions page. :)