The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony FE 16-35/f4

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Reality is I had the same issue with Nikon too. People on this forum with experience find these things out but the general public per say buys a lens and never test it out, so in reality there are a lot of sample variance that goes on with a lot of brands. Nature of mass production it seems.

gretarsson

I've never had any battery issues with the A7. Make sure you're in airplane mode as that will significantly increase battery life. 80% of my shooting is outdoors in much, much colder temps - I get hundreds of shots per battery. Perhaps the battery grip or extra batteries would help if you're using a "smart" adapter because I also saw an increase when using an SSM lens.
I live in Iceland and I have no problem about battery issues.

Annna T

I just came upon an interesting comparison (by Amin Sabet) between the Sony FE 16-35mm F4 and the Voigtländer 15mm F3.5 III.

What makes it interesting is that there are many crops. The pictures were shot at F8 with an A7rII, which makes sense for such short focal lenses.

https://www.talkemount.com/threads/13736/

The Voigtländer comes slightly ahead, not surprising given the zooms nature.