The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A7s and Otus 85.

Uaiomex

Excellent review Jorge. Thiis lens was not in my scope but you (and some others reviewers) make me consider it.
The power of the blacks and near-blacks are another new photographic dimensión never seen before. Your pictures look in my screen like big 11X14 film chromes.
The only other time I've seen this effect was looking at pictures posted from a Leica M Monochrom.
Thanks for sharing
Eduardo

dierk

Re: A7s/R and Otus 85.

Excellent review Jorge. Thiis lens was not in my scope but you (and some others reviewers) make me consider it.
The power of the blacks and near-blacks are another new photographic dimensión never seen before. Your pictures look in my screen like big 11X14 film chromes.
The only other time I've seen this effect was looking at pictures posted from a Leica M Monochrom.
Thanks for sharing
Eduardo
when I get mine, I will try it on my M Monochrom as well :)
and I will compare it with the 75mm APO-Summicron and the 100mm APO-Macro-Elmarit-R on the A7R ??
dierk

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Yes,

Wear a hat ... you can always shade the lens with it when desired...something a bit bigger than a fedora if you are in the South or SouthWest.

Bob

D

Deleted member 7792

First thing I would do is lose that hood. I really do hate the hoods that come with lenses
Step 1 - Lose the hood
Step 2 - Lose the adapter by mounting the lens on a D810
Step 3 - Eat the potato
Step 4 - Photograph an empty wallet

Joe

D

Deleted member 7792

Congrats! How are you liking your new baby, and what glass are you using with it?
I don't want to hijack the thread, so I'll make it brief - Nikon 85mm f/1.4G. That's it so far. I live in a "buy a toy, sell a toy" household.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Joe

ryc

How can we judge if we can't see the original potato?:D
Here is one even better than just a potato

First thing I would do is lose that hood. I really do hate the hoods that come with lenses
I was going to do that. especially since most of what I shot was not in any direct harsh lighting. However, I did not have the 86mm filter to use and that front element is very exposed and expensive. The hood just added a bit of protection. Remember, It's not my lens. just an eval copy.

As for Joe and his Nikon. Great camera and congrats. I use to be a big Nikon guy and even still have an F6 and a few lenses. But after shooting with the A99, A7, A7S and other mirror less cameras, there is no way I could ever go back to the optical viewfinder. The EVF is so advantageous in so many ways that it makes you wonder why Nikon or Canon are so far behind here.

dierk

Yep, along with two a7R (one converted to IR) and a Leica S. And an empty wallet. :banghead:

Joe
sounds great!
Where can we see any pictures from the IR converted A7R?

opps, just found them in your gallery, if the IR images are from the A7R.
Do you have the filter built in? Witch wavelength?
thanks
dierk