The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Wait For New FE Mount Lenses Info May Be Over

dandrewk

Announcement tomorrow (9/12), 7 AM London time. Or... later this evening in the Pacific time zone.

For lenses, I'm betting on the 16-35 and 90mm macro. At least I hope so :)D). These, along with the already-announced cine zoom lens, will have ship date estimates. I think we should also see an updated roadmap for 2015 lenses.

dwood

If they don't formally introduce the 16-35 and tell us that it's "shipping today", I'm gonna jump off a bridge...or buy the Canon 16-35 :D

dandrewk

It would be great if the 16-35 would ship immediately, but most likely it won't be for another month or so.

I'm with you, though. It can't happen soon enough.

dandrewk

Announcement moved to 8 AM London time. That's midnight Pacific time.

Watch the dog & pony show live on SAR, if you're not already sick of these "big announcement" shows. ;)

Barry Haines

Did it this morning and I survived! Sorry you weren't here to witness it. :D
Doug...No problem I have just penciled in my calendar the 15th.
I will see you bright and early then :ROTFL:

This time I will have my lovely super wide angle WATE to capture the momentous occasion...Cheers from your buddy across the H2O.

dwood

Doug...No problem I have just penciled in my calendar the 15th.
I will see you bright and early then :ROTFL:

This time I will have my lovely super wide angle WATE to capture the momentous occasion...Cheers from your buddy across the H2O.
You just had to bring up your WATE, huh? That's pretty harsh! :D

Hope you have a nice weekend, Barry.

Barry Haines

You just had to bring up your WATE, huh? That's pretty harsh! :D

Hope you have a nice weekend, Barry.
Doug...Sorry about that, I just couldn't resist, I can be so cruel at times ;)

The Sony 16-35mm is sure to happen soon now, just hang on in there. Whatever you do DON'T jump off any bridges and don't turn to the dark side just yet (Canon)...Let's hope that the Sony 16-35mm is as good (or better) than the Canon which seems to be excellent by all accounts.
Likewise have a great weekend...Cheers Barry

Edit...I will just add another rumored lens that maybe of interest and that is the rumored 14-24mm Sigma Art lens...So keep your eye on Sigma Rumors.
http://sigma-rumors.com/2014/09/so-where-are-those-rumored-art-lenses/

Last edited: