The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Now we're talking. Announced FE mounts

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Yes. http://www.sonyalpharumors.com

28 f2 converter for 16 fish and 21
35 1.4
90 macro
16-35

March on some of these is not soon enough for me. I want the 28 now

Seriously though I am going to get the 16-35 immediately . I'm not worried about a 16mm setting. I have a17 TSE

Guy Mancuso

IMHO this is a nice lineup

Finally a 28 that might be great in all our alternate choices which are very few.

Viramati

The 28 could have spelt the end of my love-affair with leica if only it had a DOF scale for manual use for street photography. I will also have to wait and see if the 16-35 is a better performer than the WATE on the Lieca M

Guy Mancuso

Hmmm.
Okay new flash and other stuff we asked for and some release dates

From Sony Rumors

Sony has also introduced a range of new accessories for their α (alpha) mount camera system including the compact HVL-F32M flash. Rated at a generous GN32 guide number, the flash head can be adjusted in a variety of directions for pro-style bounce effects and has a variety of advanced flash functions including ADI flash metering, high-speed sync and Auto White Balance, and is dust and moisture resistant.

The new XLR-K2M XLR adaptor kit provides pro-style balanced audio input to α7 Series cameras plus the α99, Cyber-shot™ RX10 and NEX-VG900 interchangeable lens camcorder, and comes paired with the ECM-XM1 shotgun microphone.

Additionally, the RMT-VP1K wireless remote kit lets photographers enjoy ‘hands-off’ control of cameras functions including shutter release, start / stop movie recording and zoom. There is also a stylish new LCS-PCS7 system bag that’s an ideal match for the α7 Series of cameras.

Pricing and Availability

The Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS (SEL1635Z) full-frame wide-angle zoom lens will be available this November for about $1350.

The HVL-F32M flash will be available this December for about $300.

The XLR-K2M XLR adaptor kit will be available this October for about $600.

The RMT-VP1K wireless remote kit will be available this November for about $70.

The LCS-PCS7 system bag will be available this October for about $160.

The new lens and accessories will all be sold at Sony retail stores (Sony Official Store - Camera, TV, Audio, 4K, PS4, Home Theater and more - Sony US) and other authorized dealers nationwide.

sagar

If these lenses are anywhere near FE55, Sony would be rocking.

In addition Sony seem to be offer Pro Service (like CPS/NPS) offering free to and fro shipping, loaner and twice a year sensor cleaning. Looks like Sony finally seems to be tad serious with E mount :)

Guy Mancuso

Right now it was announced in Germany the Pro service. I would expect that to move to US at some point. All nice positive signs from Sony, they been listening which is great.

jfzander

Zeiss 16-35/f4, I ordered it right away.

In my travel bag you will find then:

16-35/f4
55/1.8
70-200/f4

What else would you need?

Cheers

Jan

UHDR

nice one Sony. (A77 and XE1 + leica lens all onto ebay)

i will be looking at

16-35mm
55mm
24-240mm
canon 70-200mm.
canon mpe 65mm.

jfirneno

So, I'm interested in information about wide angle converters. Is there any chance that the 21mm converter would actually produce an image to compete with a high end 21mm lens? Usually folks are looking at landscape work with something that wide. Is there any track record out there for this kind of thing?
Regards,
John

sagar

Fuji X100 and Ricoh GR converters have been very well regarded. If Sony's are anything like that, it could be "good enough"

So, I'm interested in information about wide angle converters. Is there any chance that the 21mm converter would actually produce an image to compete with a high end 21mm lens? Usually folks are looking at landscape work with something that wide. Is there any track record out there for this kind of thing?
Regards,
John

ggibson

The 16-35mm looks awesome. Sony made a quality ultrawide for APS-C, so I'm optimistic about performance. It's branded Zeiss too. Too bad the zoom extends, but I think this is still my next purchase for e-mount.

The rest of the lineup is less interesting for me. I'm surprised they didn't produce a fast portrait 85mm. I guess the 90 macro was too close, so they thought it would suffice. The 90 is a G lens, so at least the price should be more reasonable. I'll probably pick up a manual 85mm now though.

The 24-240 could be a good zoom alternative to the 70-200mm. Maybe I'll trade up on my kit zoom when this comes out, but it's not a high priority for me.

The new 35mm finally shows that Sony can produce an f1.4 for E-mount. Wow, how many years did it take? Unfortunately, it looks huge (72mm filter!). Probably even bigger than Sony's SAL35, and almost as big as the 24-240 zoom. Oh, I don't doubt it'll perform, but personally I think it's too big for my bag. Next.

The 28mm f2 I kind of like for its size and speed, but it's not a focal length that I'm particularly crazy about. Especially if I already have the 16-35mm. The price of this one could come in at a good level though, and that could make it worth considering as a small & light option.

frozenbb

Where's our fast, stabilized short-tele? I'm sure the macro will be optically great, but who needs the extra bulk?

dandrewk

Ordered one. Now the long wait. Two months?!? YIKES!

I bet it will be worth the weight. And boy is it small! Compared to my Nikon 16-35, it's 160g lighter and 1" shorter. I hope those stats are accurate.