The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

C1-Sony support

iiiNelson

I'm curious if they fixed stability issues as C1v7 was horrible for me and expanded lens support beyond the 55FE.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I have been using the beta but I have not tried tethering yet. But all my cams are now supported . I will upgrade today

iiiNelson

Yeah I opted out of the Beta invite out of frustration with version 7 but maybe I will see what this offers.

cunim

OK, so I hook up the A7r to C1 pro V8, set the USB connection to PC Remote and C1 sees the camera. It will snap a shot. Nothing else works. No LV, no shutter or exposure control, can't set ISO or WB, etc. I must be doing something wrong as this is useless.

Anyone got this to work? My support guys are at Photokina.

mbroomfield

OK, so I hook up the A7r to C1 pro V8, set the USB connection to PC Remote and C1 sees the camera. It will snap a shot. Nothing else works. No LV, no shutter or exposure control, can't set ISO or WB, etc. I must be doing something wrong as this is useless.

Anyone got this to work? My support guys are at Photokina.
Doing what it's supposed to be doing?

"Currently not possible to change camera settings while shooting tethered"
Capture One Express (for Sony) camera support

cunim

Live view is a "Camera setting"?

I did know about the camera controls (though I was hoping to at least futz with ISO), but the LV thing is a shock. Why release this?

mbroomfield

Yes, it seems useless to me. It doesn't mention liveview so we don't know if it's supposed to or not.

They seems to be "selling" it on lens profiles. No good for me as I don't use any native lenses ...

"Capture One Express (for Sony) includes tailor-made camera profiles that are renowned for providing ultimate image quality for leading digital cameras.

Each camera is tested and fine tuned extensively by our image quality team to create a bespoke profile that brings out the very best in your camera."

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Is this express any different for Sony cams than the regular Pro version. That's what I need to know

dwood

I just downloaded the C1P Sony version and unfortunately, the only FE lens profile I see is for the kit lens. I would be happy if someone told me that I'm not looking in the right place.

k-hawinkler

The way I understand is that there is a Capture One Express Sony, a Capture One Pro Sony, and a Capture One Pro 8.
May one assume that Capture One Pro 8 includes the functionality of Capture One Pro Sony and that includes the functionality of Capture One Express Sony?

iiiNelson

May one assume that Capture One Pro 8 includes the functionality of Capture One Pro Sony and that includes the functionality of Capture One Express Sony?
I'd assume so. Capture One Pro Sony is only a $30 upgrade from Capture One Express Sony. It's a good value I supposed if you ONLY use Sony cameras and don't need the extra bloat I suppose.

Now if they'd just add lens support and make it function well out of the box...

gazwas

Lack of tether support has stopped my jumping on the A7R band wagon but this might change all that. So, apart from LV and camera controls (which I don't use) does the tethered capture work as smoothly as when shooting a Phase back or Canon DSLR?