The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony A7R with Voigtlander 12mm Lens

felix5616

I would like to hear from anyone that is or has used a Voigtlander 12mm lens, LTM version, on a Sony A7r and your impression of the image quality, color shifts edge quality.

iiiNelson

Might wanna wait for the Samyang/Rokinon FF 12mm that is supposed to be released next year I believe.

biglouis

I've used the 15/4.5 Heliar on the A7 and it works... after a fashion.

Any WA lens, and I would not be surprised if this was the case with the forthcoming FE 16-35 struggles at the edges when ultra-wide.

But the point is they capture an amazing perspective. If your concern is pixel peeping you will be disappointed. But if your concern is composition then if my experience with the 15mm is anything to go by then you can create photographs with impact, just not photographs with perfect pixels.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/louisb/14703946011/

LouisB

f 10

I would like to hear from anyone that is or has used a Voigtlander 12mm lens, LTM version, on a Sony A7r and your impression of the image quality, color shifts edge quality.
I use my CV 5,6/12mm sometimes
Without own LCC-Profiles from C1 Pro its useless
But with this function its great.

a7r | CV 5,6/12mm

Only in low lights situations you can't correct the vignetting.

UHDR

i really look forward to the samyang 12mm. i have the 8mm fisheye (for apsc) and has been very happy with the results. i hope they can achieve the same IQ with the 12mm (and hopefully not too big). while 16-35mm F4 is good, 12mm is still 4mm wider and that makes alot of differences. the only choice at the moment is CV or sigma zoom, but as pointed out, both not without drawbacks.