I am currently shooting Canon 5D II with various L lenses. I'm considering switching to a mirrorless system and these cameras appeal to me because of their FF chip. I have a few questions that I hope to get some answers to.
I photograph mainly weddings and other events. I'm in NE. That means we get dark venues and it's getting dark faster now .
I'm sure that the IQ is very good with these cameras and the Zeiss lenses (at least I hope). My concern is the performance. Mainly how fast and accurate is acquiring focus, especially in low light.
So, here are my questions:
1. Does it hunt in low light (focusing)?
2. Can you assign and do back button focusing (remove the focus from the shutter button)?
3. Which lenses are their "pro" line (similar to L glass with Canon)
4. Which adapter is best in order to use Canon glass with them? And, do they perform well with these cameras (AF, IQ...)?
5. I don't see any fast FE lenses (their native mount). Does that mean I need to use an adapter with their A mount lenses to get some fast glass? If yes, does it cover the entire sensor or it will act like a crop lens?
6. Is there a pro support system (similar to CPS or NPS for Nikon)?
7. Is there an option for "my menu"? With Canon I can assign any of the available menus to be under my menu (I think it's about 7 of them).
8. Which flash would be best (I need power): F60M?
9. Not so important but would be nice: can you convert in camera the RAW files (Fuji has that functionality)?
I am planing on getting one A7 and one A7s (to keep the costs down) and try to use my Canon glass (again, to keep costs of transition down and also because of lack of fast glass on FE mount). Any recommendations/suggestions for good quality glass? Any pitfalls to avoid?
Thank you for your time,