The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

RX1 Manual Focus Ring No Longer Working

Dr.Kildare

Hi All,

The manual focus ring on my RX1 has 'bitten the dust' and spinning the ring no longer brings up the manual focus on the camera.

I can do without manual focus, but would be interested to know if anyone has had this problem fixed by Sony service.

A web search is telling me this is a fairly common problem but I would like to hear opinions if it's an easy or difficult (expensive) fix.

Information much appreciated.

DK

Mr. Thompson

Hi Doc,

I had a couple of focus ring issues with demo cameras and spoke with a couple of folks at the US Sony service center yesterday. It was a very pleasant experience with a live soul answering the phone and a very short hold time. Your camera should still be in warranty. May I suggest you give Sony a call?

Dr.Kildare

Hi Doc,

I had a couple of focus ring issues with demo cameras and spoke with a couple of folks at the US Sony service center yesterday. It was a very pleasant experience with a live soul answering the phone and a very short hold time. Your camera should still be in warranty. May I suggest you give Sony a call?
Yes, problem solved.
I sent the camera off to Sony and it returned fixed within the week.
The customer service I received from Sony was excellent.
Regards,
DK

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
:thumbs: from another very happy customer of Sony support. My RX1R developed an extremely stiff on/off switch that Sony fixed under warranty and in a little under a couple of weeks including shipping by my dealer. No charge other than shipping costs and a perfect fix.

For those interested, the on/off switch became extremely stiff to turn on but would turn off much easier. Not sure why but that's what happened - no bangs or dents etc, just got stiffer over time.