The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony Pro Support

Jim DE

Mike, When I got mine I pulled the ID card out of it and put it in my wallet and filed the rest in a closet..... in a recent conversation with a Pro Plan manager I told them a discount like students get would be far more appreciated than some stickers and a cameras strap that would make us look like a NASCAR fan or a BASSmaster.... What better advertising than working pro's smiling using current gear they got below retail cost. He took this suggestion under consideration ;)

Jim DE

This is a new program for Sony and I guess they think the people in the USA all like looking like NASCAR fans..... I told that manager as a working photog I work to stay inconspicuous and low profile not all stickered up and obnoxiously obvious :D

Maybe whenever you send gear in for repair, you can use one of those big stickers on the box and then just write the address under it?

Jim DE

Thats an idea... except the UPS guy's may see it and decide to use it as a soccer ball ..... "here comes a Sony Pro Support camera box ,,,,, SCORRRREEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!"