The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Lightroom 5.7 adds profiles for Voigtlander lenses!

frozenbb

I just did a quick test with the new Voigtlander 21 Ultron Lightroom profiles. Vignetting is corrected (as well as some extremely light distortion correction), however the resulting files show bizarre arcs/rings in the extreme corners. These arcs were not present in the originals taken with the a7r. Here are two before and after upper left corner crops:

Before:

After:

frozenbb

Very strange. Is it the same on all four corners?
It seems less pronounced in the bottom corners (especially the bottom right). But the artifacts are quite visible in both upper left and upper right corners on every image I've tested. And it's definitely NOT caused by a filter on my end.

V

Vivek

Thanks, Mike! :)

I will run some of my pics through it and check it soon. This is so very useful! :thumbup:

V

Vivek

This (new profile applied) is way nicer than what I could do before still it is going to be a problem with the A7r.

A7r, Cosina 12/5.6, LR 5.7 profile applied

Viramati

Yes I can reproduce this with the A7s and Cv 21/1.8 I can see it in all corners. without profile it is not there. Somehow Adobe need to be informed of the problem

jfirneno

I went out to shoot a couple tests, but it turned cloudy and too windy. Trees wouldn't sit still, so I couldn't get anything useful. If the sun ever comes back, I'll try again.
Mike:

If Minnesota is anything like New England (and based on a trip I made to Minneapolis it's more so) you won't be seeing a day like that until early May. But if you do get out I'd love to see the results.

Regards,
John