The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Sony A7II

Tim

I've read this entire thread and have been entertained and certainly informed on opinions.

I sold my A7 mid this year. At the time I was rather disgruntled with the build quality. It seemed quite a step down from my EM-5 build wise. A petty reason perhaps but there were other factors in my life at the time. I sold it "used" and actually made a small profit for the first time ever. Now that the A7 build issue has been addressed in the A7II, and add the stabiliser I am back, hooked again. I have a new project that will need a ICL camera so a A7II is at the top of my shopping list.

When someone here who has an A7II reports back, I would be interested to hear what the shutter button feel or feedback is like? Thanks in advance.

dandrewk

Welcome back! :)

The reviews so far have been very positive re: ergonomics and build quality. I'm sure myself and others will report back once we start getting the camera this week.

dandrewk

My order from BH Photo still shows "in stock, sent to warehouse". No shipping info, so not sure if it will ship today.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Hoping to see it this morning. I'm in NY and there is a Sony store down the street . Maybe I'll get lucky to see it

tn1krr

I can't wait to hear the thoughts of everyone. I've checked this thread a few times to see if the cameras have reached everyone. Here is the camera store's hands on video link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD-Vx9dcp-U
I like their reviews, it really is hands on and things like how one uses any camera with gloves (we have couple of really really cold months around here) is addressed. Their comments about AF are what I kind of expected; improved but not A6000 level.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
What are the odds on you winding up with two A7II's by the end of the week if you like it more than you expected!?!
If the store has it I'll grab it and cancel Amazon they did not charge me yet. If so I'll put my A7r in the box to ship and maybe save the tax. :D

turtle

Seems the reviews are confirming what people kinda suspect: a solid upgrade with useful new features and ergonomics at a great price point and with a little extra weight. Well done Sony. It won't make everyone happy, but its solid progress.

The A9 is going to be interesting. I kinda hope they pull all the stops out and don't worry too much about price. Even just as an observer, I want to see what they can do when they put the pedal to the metal. Are we going to see A6000 speed focusing, 46mp, quiet shutter, IBIS, pro body with full sealing etc? While they are at it, a 24mm prime please, preferably with optical brilliance at the expense of aperture speed. F4 is fine... something like the 24 Elmar-M f3.8 :)

ryc

Amazon says.

Your new estimated delivery date is: Friday, December 12, 2014

I have an A99 at a smokin deal if anyone wants one :)