The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Small lightweight manual 24mm for A6000

daf

Hi,
I've bought an A6000 with the kit lens as an all around camera, but i hate zoom, so i'm looking for a small 24mm (30-35mm FF equivalent)...
I tried the Sony CZ 24, it is good but it's bigger than what i want and it is autofocus... I want to get a manual lens.

Mainly to shoot from 5,6 to 8 1/2, i don't care of color cast (i'm used to), but i would avoid smearing ....
I'm not after perfect quality, as i have all i need for that:
2xA7R, 14sam, 17 and 24 TSe, 35fe, 35pc contax, 55fe, 55 pentax Shift, 90pentax shift.....

Did any of you tryed:
-21/1,8 voigt
-Any 24mm leica
-25/2,8 ZM
-25/4 voigt

Is there any other option?
Thanks

iiiNelson

Have you tried the E mount Sigmas? I think the have a 19 and 30mm. Supposed to be pretty good lenses. I own a few of the lenses you mentioned and the have mixed results. They're full frame lenses so they'll be a bit on the larger size so if that's a concern then I wouldn't choose most of those listed.

scho

Hi,
I've bought an A6000 with the kit lens as an all around camera, but i hate zoom, so i'm looking for a small 24mm (30-35mm FF equivalent)...
I tried the Sony CZ 24, it is good but it's bigger than what i want and it is autofocus... I want to get a manual lens.

Mainly to shoot from 5,6 to 8 1/2, i don't care of color cast (i'm used to), but i would avoid smearing ....
2xA7R, 14sam, 17 and 24 TSe, 35fe, 35pc contax, 55fe, 55 pentax Shift, 90pentax shift.....

Did any of you tryed:
-21/1,8 voigt
-Any 24mm leica
-25/2,8 ZM
-25/4 voigt

Thanks
I have used the Leica R 24mm Elmarit on the A6000. I use it more on the A7r, but it is OK on the 6000 as well. Probably larger than what you are looking for and it does exhibit some softness towards the edges.

UHDR

Have you tried the E mount Sigmas? I think the have a 19 and 30mm. Supposed to be pretty good lenses. I own a few of the lenses you mentioned and the have mixed results. They're full frame lenses so they'll be a bit on the larger size so if that's a concern then I wouldn't choose most of those listed.
some interesting discussion on the sigma 30mm (very similar to FE 35mm)

Eagle Eye Game: Sony Zeiss FE 35mm f2.8 vs Sigma 30mm f2.8 on A7: Sony Alpha/NEX E-mount Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

V

Vivek

Hi,

Did any of you tryed:
-21/1,8 voigt
-Any 24mm leica
-25/2,8 ZM
-25/4 voigt

Thanks
Yes but it requires a bit of work. A 24mm f/4.5 Leitz Summar.

UHDR

Did you read the title?

Small lightweight manual 24mm for A6000
May be I did, may be i didn't.... who knows:rolleyes:

but i dont think whatever i said warrant such a reply?

[im going to stay out of this thread. it's unfair to thread owner]

V

Vivek

I have posted this a while back.

Summar 24 is shown with a NEX-5N.