The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Need help from TechArt adapter owners

I've been using the TechArt Mk III Contax G to E-mount and other than some regular system lock-ups, have been pleased with it.

I did notice an odd halo effect in some images (usually against a bright blue sky or white background) but chalked it up to the lens/sensor performance.

Today I received a cheap Fotodiox MF adapter and the halo is completely absent. I also noticed that images with the Fotodiox were warmer.

So on my copy, the TechArt is doing some not so great things to all three of my lenses: 1. Internal reflections generating a Halo effect 2. Color temp change

Has anyone else with the TechArt noticed the Halo? See image below.

iiiNelson

I don't have a TechArt but it seems like internal reflections may be the cause. Is it possible to black out the inside of the adapter with some sort of matte paint scheme?

Slingers

I have the eagle adapter. It wouldnt attach to start with on my A7S with now it will attach. I will see what my results are. Is there any lens you are seeing it more with? Have you tried taping the contacts of the adapter to see if it's not a lens correction happening or something baked into the raw as the techart adapter I believe reports its the 16mm pancake.

I don't have a TechArt but it seems like internal reflections may be the cause. Is it possible to black out the inside of the adapter with some sort of matte paint scheme?
The adapter does have an internal blackout but the base - where it connects to the mount is brass. The Fotodiox is anodized black.

I did get my Sharpie out and went to work on any bits of metal that I though might reflect but no real improvement.

I have the eagle adapter. It wouldnt attach to start with on my A7S with now it will attach. I will see what my results are. Is there any lens you are seeing it more with? Have you tried taping the contacts of the adapter to see if it's not a lens correction happening or something baked into the raw as the techart adapter I believe reports its the 16mm pancake.
Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner!

That is exactly what the problem was. Thank you so much.

I went in and turned off the Lens Comp options and it works perfectly. Amazing.

edit* turning of comp settings also appears to make the adapter more stable. Has not crashed once.