The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

No love for the Mitakon 50 f0.95?

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Are Don and I the only ones here that like (okay, LOVE) this lens???

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Mike, yes I do (and so does Don). It's a pretty nice hunk of glass for the money, and to my eye what I'm getting is every bit as good as (or even better than) the best I ever got with the Leica Noct on a digital M body...

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Only if you promise to give it back to me right away.

(BTW folks, we're going to be doing a shooters trip to Moab the first week of Feb -- stay tuned for details in our workshop announcement forum ;) )

Don Libby

Guy, you may as well order it now 'cause once you try it Jack will have to fight you for it back....

Don Libby

It might not be my everyday lens but boy am I glad I have it in my bag. actually got the lens about a week before the 16-35 arrived then shortly afterwards I upgraded my IQ160 to a 180. Lots of new stuff to try and get used to and the 50 has been sitting neglected in my bag. From what little I've used this on my full spectrum A7 it really shines through all the IR filters I've used so far. I've got a minor project planned next week where this will be put to good use.

Just left Moab last week and had a great combination of great cloudy skies, snow and fog mornings. And not a lot of people.

kdphotography

Jack---did you start this thread for me?

Don definitely. Guy maybe. But you? We expected more from you (the mature one). You sound like an enabler. :ROTFL:

I picked up the Sony 55mm for my son, but I still have my eye on the Mitakon Speedmaster II 50mm f/0.95. It's a lot of lens for the money.

ken

Don Libby

I'll try and be as subtle as I can -

Once you try the lens you'll want the lens... :D

Remember when Jack told me to buy the Cube; that I wouldn't regret it? I bought the Cube and I haven't ever regretted it (ever notice how most our threads eventually include the Cube?).

I bought the Motakon 50 f.95 and haven't retreated it..

Just saying...:poke:

p.s. Ken, Nick will like it too

psy501

..hi..well, tempted i am indeed..

..BUT i have a canon 50/0.95 lying around that i also like alot..

..as i am planning to thin out the herd of equipment thats lying around and gets not much use and as i can sell the canon tv lens for a rather good price (sacrilege, i know :facesmack:) i thought of selling it and buying the mitakon..

..of course the tv lens is kind of history and i am not sure if i want to part with it, but i could not get my mind up if the mitakon is better (sharper) wide open..

..anyone here who has experiences with both lenses..?

..thx in advance, erik..

cam

Jack, you are evil! Pure evil!

As I was packing up a bunch of lenses for Jono to play with, I started getting nostalgic about how I ended up getting each and every one… You are responsible for both my first and last Leica lens (to date) -- both 50mm Summilux. The first was an old 1962 chrome one that I fell in love with at Camera West after trying out many. It is still achingly beautiful, but I hadn't realised that it had only 1M near focus. So when I finally looked to get another, I got the last version pre-asph (BP that, unfortunately, weighs a tonne) rather than the apsh all because of you! (You and that picture of dancing children at a wedding -- was it the flower girl and the ring bearer or something like that?)

Meaning::worthless:

I came SO close to picking up this lens after Jono suckered me into the A7s but then I looked at my bank account (and also realised I'd be out of the country and back in europe before it arrived :eek:)…

So, please, create lust, guys!

V

Vivek

..hi..well, tempted i am indeed..

..BUT i have a canon 50/0.95 lying around that i also like alot..

..as i am planning to thin out the herd of equipment thats lying around and gets not much use and as i can sell the canon tv lens for a rather good price (sacrilege, i know :facesmack:) i thought of selling it and buying the mitakon..

..of course the tv lens is kind of history and i am not sure if i want to part with it, but i could not get my mind up if the mitakon is better (sharper) wide open..

..anyone here who has experiences with both lenses..?

..thx in advance, erik..
I also have the Canon 50/0.95 and it isn't used much on the A7r or the NEX'(plastic mount). With the metal mounts in A7s and A7 II the scenario changes a bit.

I am not in a rush. This thread also gives me lot of hope that I can buy an used lens in the very near future. :D