The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

No love for the Mitakon 50 f0.95?

Don Libby

This lens for me is a very specialized lens meaning the only reason I have it is to shoot wide open. The following are from a short trip we took to Sedona last week. The lens was attached to the A7r converted to full spectrum and a 830nm filter attached to the lens.

f0.95 1/100 ISO 1600 830nm IR (ISO set to auto) handheld

The original thought was to stack the following 2-files only I didn't like the way it turned out.

f0.95 1/125 ISO 4000 830nm IR (ISO set to auto) handheld

f0.95 1/125 ISO 4000 830nm IR (ISO set to auto) handheld

f0.95 1/80 ISO 4000 830nm IR (ISO set to auto) handheld

f0.95 1/100 ISO 6400 830nm IR (ISO set to auto) handheld

I'm pleased...

Don

dandrewk

I've been watching the eBay prices for this lens. It looks like there are more being imported to the USA, and the prices are dropping. A month ago they were pretty consistent around $850. The latest best price is $758 from Hong Kong, or $777 from a USA distributor. All sellers are highly rated.

troybflying

I have absolutely nothing but love for this Mitakon lens. I'm not an expert shooter and this is my first all manual focus and aperture control lens and I can't say enough about it. I use it on my Sony A6000 more than any other lens in my bag which includes the Zeiss 16/70Z the SEL 35/1.8, SEL 55/210 and the SEL 16mm. I'm new to this forum, but I'll figure out how to post pictures soon!

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Thought I would post this here also but very unique look to images even at a distance wide open. The processing is something different to go along with the unique look of this lens. For me its a keeper. i like what i can draw from it outside anything else..

k-hawinkler

Thought I would post this here also but very unique look to images even at a distance wide open. The processing is something different to go along with the unique look of this lens. For me its a keeper. i like what i can draw from it outside anything else..

Excellent Guy. Thanks.
I will give that kind of shot a try with my system.

k-hawinkler

But first a shot of Black Mesa at night with the Mitakon on NEX-5N.

The above image is a crop from a larger image developed with PS CS6 from the .ARW file.
In PS CS6 the high resolution .ARW image looks fine whereas Sony's Image Data Converter Ver.4 shows many dead pixels.
I understand PS CS6 maps out dead pixels automatically.

The following is a downsized image of the OOC JPG.
One even can see short (30 second exposure) star trails.

However, looking at the high resolution OOC JPG I have never seen that many dead pixels before from any of my cameras.
Here is a link to the high resolution OOC JPG file. http://winklers.smugmug.com/2015-02-08-Black-Mesa/i-5k9gQgK/0/O/_DSC5636.jpg
If you click on the link and subsequently click on the image you will see the high resolution OOC JPG image.

Although I live at an altitude of around 7,000 feet I wonder whether cosmic rays are not the only culprit for the many dead pixels.
Could there be a manufacturing defect?