The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

No love for the Mitakon 50 f0.95?

anGy

I'm using the Mitakon on an A7II since last saturday. Overall I'm really happy with the general look of this combo, very Leica like in some shots. I did not figure out yet why this 'look' is significantly more present in some pictures, it does not seem to be 'aperture related' only.
What's less funny is the loss of sharpness out of the center frame at large apertures. At first sight it looks like the main subject must be centered if larger than f2,8 is used.
Anyway, really funny to use so far :)

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
If it's in a FE mount it does interest me. I had the 50 but decided a lens like this fits more a 85 for me. I got the Loxia 50 instead. Obviously this right now is one of a few options for this focal length. So my bet a lot of folks will be interested.

iiiNelson

If they only release a step less aperture version then I'd pass on it too like I have on the 50's so far. I like to have the luxury of tactile feedback and knowing what aperture I'm on without having to take my eye away from the viewfinder. I don't do video so it's not a wanted feature by me.

mmbma

this lens beats the 50mm 0.95 I had on the Leica because it's just as sharp and contrasty wide open, bokeh is just as smooth, and it's so much easier to focus on the Sony than on Leicas... not to mention 1/15 the price.

My daughter from a couple of months ago at a very crowded mall. background melted away

Not much activity here, so I'll post these on the regular Sony A7 thread too.

My first Mitakon follies:

I acquired a Mistaken (which is what SpellChecker calls the Mitakon) to see if I could make some images with it in an old-fashioned Pictorial style. I'd tried a 1.5 Summarit, a 1.4 Nikkor LTM, and a Sonnar-C, but none had shallow-enough DOF. So this turned out to be the best lens for the project.

It's sharper than I'd expected on center, but not in the foreground corners. And the plane of focus seems to curve backward, at least at f0.95. But these peculiarities are sort of endearing, and the DOF is finally as shallow as I wanted.

Do other people's 'Mistakens' produce the same results, or is there some quality variation?

Kirk

View attachment 116119

View attachment 116120

View attachment 116121

Last edited:

zalmyb

Not much activity here, so I'll post these on the regular Sony A7 thread too.

My first Mitakon follies:

I acquired a Mistaken (which is what SpellChecker calls the Mitakon) to see if I could make some images with it in an old-fashioned Pictorial style. I'd tried a 1.5 Summarit, a 1.4 Nikkor LTM, and a Sonnar-C, but none had shallow-enough DOF. So this turned out to be the best lens for the project.

It's sharper than I'd expected on center, but not in the foreground corners. And the plane of focus seems to curve backward, at least at f0.95. But these peculiarities are sort of endearing, and the DOF is finally as shallow as I wanted.

Do other people's 'Mistakens' produce the same results, or is there some quality variation?

Kirk

View attachment 116119

View attachment 116120

View attachment 116121
I have no mitakon, but I love Codornices park!!! We're working on moving to Berkeley so those photos make me happy :)

Welcome to Berkeley, to Codornices, and to the forum too!

You must know the park well – do you have kids who've gone down that great slide?

Kirk