The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

25mm E-mount lens for $15 (it's a Holga!)

Don Libby

I just need to break it to Sandy that I brought another lens. The good news it's under $20.00 and is a 179 expense....

cam

Stop, stop, stop!!! I can't believe I'm even thinking about this :ROTFL:

more pics, please!

Don Libby

Stop, stop, stop!!! I can't believe I'm even thinking about this :ROTFL:

more pics, please!
I feel your pain! Then I thought how bad could it be? It's less than $20 and I just spent that at lunch. So I broke down and ordered one; still don't have the guts to tell Sandy :eek:

cam

I feel your pain! Then I thought how bad could it be? It's less than $20 and I just spent that at lunch. So I broke down and ordered one; still don't have the guts to tell Sandy :eek:
Tell Sandy you took me out for lunch :p

V

Vivek

I was looking at pinhole offerings and stumbled across this on eBay. I think I'll invest the fifteen dollars to see what it can do.
I bought one. It was a bit too late to realise that it was for APS-C (NEX). No harm done, I will give it to my son for his NEX-5N. :)

While being awestruck by this (and the mistake with the formats), I discovered that none other than Nikon has a fantastic product that will turn any lens into a Holga, namely the D750. :thumbs:

[Google D750 spits out fantastic Holgaish images]

A bit pricey (2099 Euros) but I am going to get one soon (they are threatening a fix, so I need hurry before they mess it up), seriously! :)

Steve P.

I bought one. It was a bit too late to realise that it was for APS-C (NEX). No harm done, I will give it to my son for his NEX-5N. :)

While being awestruck by this (and the mistake with the formats), I discovered that none other than Nikon has a fantastic product that will turn any lens into a Holga, namely the D750. :thumbs:

[Google D750 spits out fantastic Holgaish images]

A bit pricey (2099 Euros) but I am going to get one soon (they are threatening a fix, so I need hurry before they mess it up), seriously! :)
Aren't you the guy who, just three days ago in the 'A9: Coming Soon to You' thread, posted that you were going to take a break from the forum for a few months because of all the troll posts? :rolleyes:
Just curious. :poke:

V

Vivek

A quote from elsewhere about the D750 flare from a Nikonista changed my perspective:

In the past, consumers simply learned the limitations of the goods that they bought and devised ways to get around them – now we seem to see an increasing bunch of litigious cry-babies!
My Nikon user friends are wise! :)

V

Vivek

When the NEX-5 came out, I fashioned this "thing". Fixed aperture and can be focused from infinity to ~10cm. Vignetting and color drift are plenty (it got spoiled with the later generation NEX', unfortunately). FWIW, it does very well in IR.

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

NEX-C3 ("full spectrum") with 23/2.8 Tessar (from a Rollei 110)

A camera bag from an old Olympus pen D is a bit too big for this outfit!

V

Vivek

That will cover the whole frame. :)

35mm and up (for a Tessar) would cover the FF. I have a prewar, uncoated 3cm f/2.8 Tessar (from a Robot camera) that almost covers at infinity.

V

Vivek

Have you ever tried any of the Pentax 110 lenses? I'm curious what size image circle they have.
I mounted an 18/2.8 in C mount (for tiny format, G1) a while ago and have posted about it there. That one illuminates APS-C. The 50/2.8 might also do that. There is even an adapter available for them now!

My Robot Tessar 3cm f/2.8 with a proper adapter:

Actually illuminates the whole frame at infinity, wide open and covers it when stopped down.

I mounted an 18/2.8 in C mount (for tiny format, G1) a while ago and have posted about it there. That one illuminates APS-C.
That sounds like a fun little diversion. I'll have to get one of those adapters. (I've got a couple of the Pentax 110 lenses in the 'museum'.)